Internet page pop up

Reaction score
Hi,
I turn on my pc (on home page) and in a while an internet page will open advertising some garbage in various languages mainly selling or games etc. Also while on internet, click on a function will also open a new internet (spam) page.

I tried various anti spam/virus/phishing programs to scan and fix, but nothing seems to detect or find it, most just want a subscription $$$ but didn’t find it.
I imagine it’s some Trojan virus that randomly opens pages, but why nothing finds it is puzzling

Is there a program that is specifically designed for that?

Thanks

Reaction score
Try running Windows Defender Security in "Offline mode" as those types of apps normally start only when you connect to the internet!.

Open Windows Defender Security > Virus & Threat protection > Scan options > Microsoft Defender Offline scan > Scan now. :)

1610566274100.png

Reaction score
Building on what Wolfie suggested, download and run Malwarebytes and adwcleaner (also owned by Malwarebytes). Both are free (Malwarebytes has a paid option but works perfectly fine in free mode for manual scans). These are the only two other anti virus/anti malware programs I recommend. Between them and Defender, they will catch the vast majority of infections.

Ask a Question