Is there anyway to install 20H2 without it screwing up my display settings?

Reaction score
I just want to use my computer for what it's needed for, not spend a day trying to figure out how to undo and fix the display issues that happen to me when I try to install this 2OH2 update. However, I also cannot work efficiently with all of these display changes. Everything that was gray is now pink. I have tried changing every setting everyone has suggested and nothing fixes this problem. WHY should this even happen? How is this any kind of improvement? My only solution so far has been to uninstall the update. Can't Microsoft design the update so that it PRESERVES your settings instead of changing everything that you do?? I am indeed (and maybe unfortunately cuz a robot wouldn't care) MOST human. Any help anyone? At least I found a forum that looks like it's not full of solutions that are so old they're obsolete. Please help me like my computer again. Thanks.

Reaction score
Going to 20H2/2009 and then to 21H1/2009 didn't mess up any of my computers but I don't use that many customizations. Now the twice-yearly Version Upgrades will mess with customizations, removes some unsupported software such as the older Win7/8 games that are popular requiring a reinstall and some of the Registry modifications as an Upgrade rewrites the Registry, good to keep a list of any such changes one does and any programs that need to be reinstalled.

Reaction score
Going to 20H2/2009 and then to 21H1/2009 didn't mess up any of my computers but I don't use that many customizations. Now the twice-yearly Version Upgrades will mess with customizations, removes some unsupported software such as the older Win7/8 games that are popular requiring a reinstall and some of the Registry modifications as an Upgrade rewrites the Registry, good to keep a list of any such changes one does and any programs that need to be reinstalled.
Thanks, but as I said, I really don't have a day (or more) to spend on this. If it didn't make everything that used to be gray...PINK, I could adjust. But, it makes everything I do in every application nauseating and confusing. I can't work efficiently on my computer anymore. Is there no simple fix. I don't know my registry from adam. But thanks for the reply. It's nice to know someone is out there reading and willing to help.

Reaction score
As for the display, try right-clicking a blank area of the Desktop and the 2 bottom choices, can make a lot of changes as suitable.
1624120009285.png

Ask a Question