issue with AvmSnd.dll

Reaction score
Hi,

after spending many hours on issues (reinstallation, troubleshooting, cleaning, safe mode et cetera) with both video and sound drivers which caused both AMD Catalyst and Windows sounds to fail, I recently discovered a striking similarity: AvmSnd.dll .
Following the reports of Event Viewer in both cases this file seems to be causing the troubles.
for AMD Catalyst crash; "AMD Catalyst Control Center Host Application has stopped working"
Event Viewer logs:
Faulting application path: C:\Program Files (x86)\ATI Technologies\ATI.ACE\Core-Static\CCC.exe
Faulting module path: C:\Windows\SYSTEM32\AvmSnd.dll
for playing (system) Sounds from Windows: "Windows Shell Common Dll has stopped working"
Event Viewer logs:
Faulting application path: C:\Windows\system32\rundll32.exe
Faulting module path: C:\Windows\system32\AvmSnd.dll
So, it appears that in both cases the file AvmSnd.dll is 'faulting', but I am not an expert an therefore not sure what it means: corrupted, wrong version (if so, how come?)?
The installed version of AvmSnd.dll has date 6-Dec-2011, size 100kb, description AVM TSP Sound Driver DLL, version 2.4.0.0 .
Is it safe to copy this file from another Windows 10 installation or can an update somewhere be downloaded or is there any other means for repair?
I would appreciate any suggestion in solving this problem!

Kind regards,

René Meijn
The Netherlands

Reaction score
Hi,

in addition to the post I can report that the file AvmSnd.dll is registered to my AVM ISDN-Controller Fritz!Card PCI Rev. A .
Evidently, I will contact the AVM Support Desk, but in the meantime I would appreciate any suggestions to "neutralize" AvmSnd.dll (change name? delete?) without any unexpected phenomena or risks, since I do not have an uninstaller for this hardware.

Kind regards,

René Meijn
The Netherlands

Ask a Question