SOLVED iTunes and ToneSync Problem

Reaction score
I have used Zedge on my Galaxy S3 phone for about a year now to download Ringtones to my phone and I have loved it. Recently, after installing the Windows 10 Technical Preview on my Desktop I decided to replace my Galaxy S3 with a new iPhone and install Zedge to download my ringtones as well. Seemed a bit harder than on my Galaxy. I had to install ToneSync on my pc to interface between my iPhone and iTunes.

After I installed ToneSync, when I tried to run it the first time it never completed the setup, telling me that it could not launch iTunes because it couldn't communicate with iTunes although it did indeed launch iTunes. I installed and uninstalled both iTunes and ToneSync with the same symptoms and results.

I vaguely remembered reading about a somewhat similar problem some time ago but couldn't find it. My computer is a 64 bit system and what I did was copy the iTunes directory from Program Files folder and paste it into Program Files (x86) folder and then reran ToneSync and was able to finish the setup procedure which then launched iTunes and then I was able to download Ringtones to iTunes and subsequently to my iPhone with no problems.

Michael

Last edited:
Reaction score
I have used Zedge on my Galaxy S3 phone for about a year now to download Ringtones to my phone and I have loved it. Recently, after installing the Windows 10 Technical Preview on my Desktop I decided to replace my Galaxy S3 with a new iPhone and install Zedge to download my ringtones as well. Seemed a bit harder than on my Galaxy. I had to install ToneSync on my pc to interface between my iPhone and iTunes.

After I installed ToneSync, when I tried to run it the first time it never completed the setup, telling me that it could not launch iTunes because it couldn't communicate with iTunes although it did indeed launch iTunes. I installed and uninstalled both iTunes and ToneSync with the same symptoms and results.

I vaguely remembered reading about a somewhat similar problem some time ago but couldn't find it. My computer is a 64 bit system and what I did was copy the iTunes directory from Program Files folder and paste it into Program Files (x86) folder and then reran ToneSync and was able to finish the setup procedure which then launched iTunes and then I was able to download Ringtones to iTunes and subsequently to my iPhone with no problems.

Michael

My computer is also a 64Bit system and I copied the iTunes directory from Program Files folder and pasted it into Program Files (x86) folder and then reran ToneSync but was unable to finish the setup procedure. I have recently installed Windows 10 in my computer and read on zedge.com about the system requirements, it says windows XP, 7, 8. I have selected the ' Automatically add to iTunes ' folder but still Tonesync was unable to find the music folder. Can you guide me what should I do?

Faiza

Reaction score
The third paragraph above (in my original post) is what procedure I followed and it worked for me.

Michael

I followed that also plus I found on apple forum that at the top left corner of iTunes there is an option of Preferences go to preferences then advanced then check the box of share iTunes library XML with other applications. I did that yesterday and reran tonesync and it worked..Thanks for your reply.

Ask a Question