iTunes help on windows 10...

Reaction score
Usually when I plug in my iPhone 6s Plus it automatically syncs. This time a box pops up saying "phone companion" options. Like click what action you want to make with your device. I accidentally hit the "phone companion" which is moving all your photos etc... to it. Now when I plug in my phone it will not sync it. It reads it but won't sync. The only thing that comes up is "phone companion". Is it my autoplay options? I don't wanna use the phone companion. I just want my phone to sync like normal...

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
Hello and welcome to the forum.
Have you considered simply uninstalling the Microsoft Phone Companion app.
Find it in the start menu, scroll down to the "P"s and right click it and choose uninstall.
Hopefully that would prevent your current problem and allow you to reset iTunes as your default phone handler.

NOTE: Just FYI..... Apple, yesterday began rolling out their big file system change moving from HFS+ (formerly HFS) over to something they are now calling APFS.
So that's Hierarchical File System being converted to APple File System. Not sure how that roll-out is going nor if it would impact how Windows 10 now see your device.

Reaction score
I've already tried to uninstall it. It's not in my list of things installed on the computer. How would I reset my "autoplay" options?

Ask a Question