SOLVED KB 3189886 Didn't fix Microsoft Edge Launching Problem

AGB

Reaction score
I purchased a new Toshiba laptop C75D-B7340 with AMD processor. Installed with Windows 10 Pre Anniversary Update. After getting it up and going and installed software programs it did an update to version 1607 build 14393.105. After the update I noticed that Microsoft Edge or any short cut on the desktop that were connect thru MS Edge would not launch. I searched for fixes and found this KB3189886. Had to manually update it from the Windows site that had it. After installing it, it showed that it was successful and the new version is 14393.187. Rebooted and after doing all the updating and configuring I tried to launch again with no success. It acts like its going to launch goes to the blue screen with the E then goes back to the desktop. If I Launch a shortcut from the desktop I get a small popup screen that says https://(web address.com) "The Remote Procedure Call Failed". Is there another fix for this or are we now stuck with a non working MS Edge.

Thanks for any help.

Reaction score
Does the Microsoft Store work OK?

Are you using Cortana or have you tried turning it off in the Edge options?

Can you open Edge at all and keep it open?

Have you checked the Task Manager to see if there is already a version running? If there isn't a instance already running, it may be possible the site it opens on startup is giving the problem for some reason.. If you could open Edge, even by searching with Cortana, you might be able to clear the Browser History.

Maybe the prior suggestion has already helped, please let us know.

AGB

Reaction score
Followed the link that "Old Guy Geek" suggested and it worked. Thanks

Ask a Question