Kernal Security Check Failure

Reaction score
Hi everyone,

I've looked through other threads elsewhere on this topic, and haven't yet found any solutions.

My system:
Windows 10 Home 10.0.19045 Build 19045
Intel Core i5-7600K 3.80 GHz
ASUS Prime Z-270-P
GeForce GTX 1060 6GB
16 GB Ram

Here's my latest minidump file: https://www.dropbox.com/scl/fi/06ci...7-01.dmp?rlkey=cfoa84q7pkwxgelx0vhgpmv4q&dl=0[

Starting three days ago, I've been getting BSODs with the message "KERNAL SECURITY CHECK FAILURE." It happens more-or-less regardless of what I'm doing on the system at a given time, but usually happens after 10-25 minutes of startup.

I've looked through the web and various forums and taken the following actions :
- loaded a previous restore point (unfortunately my oldest automatically created point is after the error started so this isn't useful
- fully updated Windows (FYI, I cannot upgrade to Win 11. I successfully enabled TPM 2 on my mobo but my processor is apparently incompatible)
- checked that I was on the most recent BIOS firmware
- updated GPU drivers, checked to see if any other components required updated drivers and did my best to update them all
- ran MdSched and allowed it to do its thing. System went through it and provided my with no follow-up messages so I assume it was fine (I could be wrong)
- ran sfc /scannow. The first time I did this it did in fact find a few errors and fixed them. BSOD continued. I then later ran it again and found now errors
- ran chkdsk /f /r /x and found now errors
- tried to run the blue screen troubleshooter, but it only shows "No recommended troubleshooters right now" and doesn't provide any options.
- first disabled Avast Free antivirus. This at first seemed to work! But a couple days later (yesterday), I got another BSOD. I then completely uninstalled it and it worked again for the whole day. Finally, today I have once again had two BSODs.

At this point, I need help from y'all. the link to my dump file is above. I definitely don't have the skills to analyze it so appreciate the assistance!

Ask a Question