Keyboard Issues

mia

Reaction score
Hi,

I have windows 10 and yesterday my keyboards keys suddenly stopped working properly. Now whenever id click a letter, it would switch me to the documents folder, open the side panel, etc. Usually it would give me jumbled up words( like pressing "k" gives me "k8i" or for "h" it'd be "hj7u").

I've already contacted customer support by phone and all they said was to turn it off and on again. Ive even reset my entire computer.

I dont have alot of time to spend trying to fix it and i dont have the income to replace it, can someone please give me a solution?

Reaction score
Borrow another keyboard and see if it does the same thing.

To offer better advice, we need to know what hardware we are dealing with.

Reaction score
Welcome aboard, Mia.

In the bottom right corner of your monitor you'll see "ENG." That tells you what kind of keyboard you are set for. Click on it and make sure that you are set for your actual computer.

Reaction score
In the bottom right corner of your monitor you'll see "ENG."
Sorry, but no, Vince. That is not normal. That is displayed if you have On-screen keyboard enabled. Most users don't. I also note this problem suddenly started and pressing a key is resulting in 3 or 4 characters being displayed. That would not be normal even if the wrong language is set.

Reaction score
I have never used an onscreen keyboard, and all four of my Win 10 computers have either ENG or SPA in the bottom right corner of my monitor.

You might want to go into Control Panel--Keyboard, and find your way to the "Events" tab. Check there to see if anything got changed without your knowledge.

Reaction score
And none of our computers have it so I suspect it is because apparently, you use an alternative language on yours.

In any case, that would not cause 4 characters to appear when pressing 1 key.

Reaction score
Like someone else said try a different keyboard. And just for reference I don't have ENG in my lower right corner of my screen either. I never have.

Reaction score
The things you miss when you don't have a Spanish keyboard on an American computer in your home in Mexico.

Really. I thought everybody had their keyboard type in their lower right corner.

Reaction score
The things you miss when you don't have a Spanish keyboard on an American computer in your home in Mexico.

Really. I thought everybody had their keyboard type in their lower right corner.
Yeah, that's the reason right there. If you had a Spanish keyboard on a Mexican computer (or more likely, a Spanish/Mexican installation of Windows), I bet you would not see anything either. And frankly, I find it odd yours would have SPA. It seems to me it should be ESP (for Español). So yours is saying in English that it is set for Spanish! ??? Oh well.

Still, one key one letter, not four.

Ask a Question