Keyboard Shortcuts

Reaction score
Is it possible to create a special keyboard shortcut? What I would like to do is to create a shortcut that would type the following for me: .com
I'm 62, retired with some brain damage. Most of the time I can follow instructions fairly well. If there is an app that would do this please let me know.

May God be with you,

Rev.Larry

Reaction score
It would depend upon what your Browser allows and doesn't run afoul of some Windows key combinations, may have to be 3 keys involved. In a word processor program such as WordPerfect, Lotus WordPro, Microsoft Word, etc., or other programs they could work as a Macro. And there's a lot of URL extensions [part of a Domain name] available now in comparison to back in the '90s, the list here is just a sample:
https://iwantmyname.com/domains
I've tried some unsuccessfully as they usually didn't same any time but then I've used typing since high school.

Reaction score
Thank you. I used to write "exe"'s way back when my brain worked properly. I am fairly knowledgeable with domain structures and computers in general. I just haven't succeeded at creating a keyboard shortcut. :( Some way, somehow we'll find a way. I thank you for your attempt.

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
I just haven't succeeded at creating a keyboard shortcut
The script I showed above uses Ctrl + J to insert .com which is what I thought you wanted.

Some way, somehow we'll find a way.
AutoHotKey is the way or at least a way.
You're almost certainly going to need a third party program and that's the simplest one I could find that would do what you wanted to do.

Reaction score
I have installed AutoHotKey but I don't think that I did it right. Would anyone please walk me through it, please keep in mind that I do have some minor brain damage, it is minor but I should be able to follow your directions. Please have patients and offer your talent.

Thank you and may God bless.

Reaction score
Is it possible to create a special keyboard shortcut? What I would like to do is to create a shortcut that would type the following for me: .com
I'm 62, retired with some brain damage. Most of the time I can follow instructions fairly well. If there is an app that would do this please let me know.

May God be with you,

Rev.Larry

I found an app for free that works great at creating a keyboard shortcut. It's called Copy Text Basic.

Ask a Question