Keyboard stopped working after update

Reaction score
Hi I have a Logitech wireless keyboard that uses a USB device. After a update on the 10 of March my keyboard stopped working. I have tried another wireless USB keyboard Mircosoft and a a wired Microsoft keyboard without success.

I have followed a few of the suggested fixes after doing a search without success.

Is someone able to assist please.

Regards
Donna

Reaction score
I suppose since you have tried other keyboards it is not a battery issue. I may therefore be a USB issue so do you have any other type of USB devices that still work?

What type of system do you have?

You might try a different USB port if you have one and possibly check the Device Manger to see if any yellow symbols are showing up by the USB controllers.. You start Device Manager by right clicking the start button and select it from the list.

Reaction score
I suppose since you have tried other keyboards it is not a battery issue. I may therefore be a USB issue so do you have any other type of USB devices that still work?

What type of system do you have?

You might try a different USB port if you have one and possibly check the Device Manger to see if any yellow symbols are showing up by the USB controllers.. You start Device Manager by right clicking the start button and select it from the list.

Hi

Yes other USB devices are still working and yes tried the batteries. I have also tried other USB ports. I also tried the keyboard on another PC and it works there.

I have seen other people have had this same issue, I have tried some of the proposed fixes without success.

Reaction score
I have a system with a Logitech wireless keyboard which has not yet been updated. I will let it install all the current updates and let you know if that keyboard has a problem.

Some of the changes in the updates were related to .Net Framework and may effect how some drivers work on the system. You might check Logitech for your device and see if any newer drivers are available.

Reaction score
I have the same issue with a Microsoft keyboard - also since the last update. I wasn't feeling too inclined to start investigating, and just moved over to a wired keyboard.
If I find something useful, before a solution pops up here, I'll post back.

Reaction score
My system took the update without causing any problems for the Logitech wireless keyboard. That was my second one and neither is having any problems.

Maybe it is related to your system so could you describe it relating to manufacturer and model number? Which Logitech keyboard do you have and is it a Unifying receiver?

I am using a wired mouse in the last system but a keyboard and mouse combination of the primary system.

Reaction score
Hi, I also have a logitech wireless keyboard and have no problems after the latest update. the model number (on the reverse of the keyboard) is Y-R0015. Have you tried going into device manager - keyboards Mine is listed as HID keyboard and uninstalling and reinstalling it.

Reaction score
Tried 2 different wired USB keyboards and a mouse.

They work in UEFI bios, but as soon as I hit the Windows 10 login screen all USB input devices go dead.

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
Tried 2 different wired USB keyboards and a mouse.
Do you perhaps still have a wireless dongle attached to your computer that supports wireless (IR or RF or Bluetooth) input devices?

Reaction score
Do you perhaps still have a wireless dongle attached to your computer that supports wireless (IR or RF or Bluetooth) input devices?

Nope disconnected everything. Tried just the PS2 keyboard an a USB keyboard. (3 different wired keyboards in total and 2 wired mice)

Ended up re-installing windows 8.1 then upgrading back to 10.

Lost all my files but it's working again.

Ask a Question