SOLVED Keyboard symbols

Reaction score
I've just bought a new keyboard because the previous one had developed some strange ways! Occasionally, not consistently, the pound sign came out as #, the 'at' sign as " and the double quotes as @. Lo and behold my new keyboard is doing exactly the same thing.
Any suggestions please?
Jacspear

Reaction score
Go to settings, then Time and Language, then Language. On the bottom of the page it'll show the default language (mine is English US). Click on that and then Options. Under Keyboards, make sure you have the correct layout (mine is US QWERTY). You may have the wrong layout.

Reaction score
I agree... happens to me all the time if I do not pay attention of which layout I am actually using (I switch between US QWERTY and German QWERTZ, which sometimes results in a lot of editing).

Reaction score
Go to settings, then Time and Language, then Language. On the bottom of the page it'll show the default language (mine is English US). Click on that and then Options. Under Keyboards, make sure you have the correct layout (mine is US QWERTY). You may have the wrong layout.
All seems to be well now, but i lost track of just what I did, but at least I think you set me on the right track. Thanks.

Ask a Question