SOLVED KVM switch quit working after installing NORTON

Reaction score
I use an IOGEAR KVM switch to use one keyboard and one mouse and one monitor with two CPU's. It was working just fine until I installed Norton 360 three days ago. In fact, it worked fine until this morning. I got an email notice from Norton telling me that my registration was complete.

Problem: NOW, the setup will not respond to ctl+ scroll lock (hit two times). In fact, the keyboard wouldn't work with one of the CPU's until I plugged it into my main CPU's USB port.

The mouse works fine on the one main CPU when it's plugged into the KVM.

Question: could the Norton installation be the culprit, or could the KVM switch have gone bad?

Reaction score
I also use a KVM 4-port with 3 differing versions of Win10 and 1 Linux. I did have an issue the other day but all it took to fix was unplugging everything then plugging back in to get things working. But Yes, it could be Norton since the KVM was previously working but as with any electrical/electronic equipment it is not too unusual to have sudden failures. A note, Win10 knows more about the KVM being connected than some previous versions of Windows.

Reaction score
I took everything apart too and came back to it a couple of hours later and reassembled it. It works fine now. I have Win 10 running on both machines, but the one that is used online has Norton . The other one never goes online.

Let's see if I have problems some time soon. If it ain't one thing, it's another.

Reaction score
Now it happens every few days. Sometimes I just have to turn of the machine, unplug the keyboard from the KVM cable and restart the machine. Other times I have to unplug it from the #1 port on the LVM cable. Other times, I have to unplug the wntire assembly from both machines.

Ask a Question