Problems syncing Outlook with Galaxy Note 8 using Smart Switch

Reaction score
I installed Windows 10 with the assistance of Microsoft. They created a new file folder for Outlook 2019. I also have an android phone. Galaxy note 8. I use Smart Switch however when I sync the Outlook on my computer with my phone it duplicates files as well as each time it finds new conflicts where I have to use either phone or computer for source even though these are not new contacts. Does anyone else have these issues? A solution?

Reaction score
You should download Outlook App and install it on your phones your outlook 2019 will auto-sync, Look for the App in the play store. It's an official Oulook.com app. Once installed just set up your email addresses in the app and your email will download from MS Exchange servers. If you're still using POP mail. you may have to set up your email account to IMAP Outlook will let you set them up either way

Reaction score
Thank you for the response. My email account is IMAP. I did remove and reinstall the outlook app from online for laptop and at play store for the android. Still the problem persists?

Reaction score
You don't need the laptop app, you already have Office Outlook! Simple put the outlook app on your Note 8 and set up your email account it will automatically sync your Outlook email account with your Android Outlook email, of course, you have to set up the same account and password on your phone as is on your Outlook desktop.
Did you look at the link I sent you it pretty much explains the whole process?
You won't be transferring anything between your Note 8 and your notebook, the account is the same so they automatically sync any time you're connected to the internet. Which should be all the time with your Note 8 phone account and through WiFi when you in a building where you don't have Phone service.
Here is the MS Office how to set up your account on your Note 8

Last edited:
Reaction score
I did that originally. When it didn't work I removed the app and reinstalled however the problem still persists?

I did not have this issue when I was operating in Windows 7?

Reaction score
Well, you're trying to transfer data from your computer to your Cell phone. That is not how it works nowadays. You need the same account set up on both correctly done they will sync.
You will have to go through all the option in the Android Outlook app. You'll need to tell it what folders to sync, default is inbox only you'll have to tell it to sync any other folder you have created for that email account.

Reaction score
I did that originally. When it didn't work I removed the app and reinstalled however the problem still persists?

I did not have this issue when I was operating in Windows 7?
If the app didn't work you didn't set it up correctly exact same email address and exact the same password. Then once your phone logs onto your email account go through the App setting to set up all the folders you want to sync. how often you want the app to sync etc. The default is Inbox only.

Reaction score
Well Clint I can see you are not just a pretty face, you also have a strong conviction. Problem is I did it exactly by the instructions in the app and still the same problem. I even went in and deleted all the contacts from the PC and tried it again. Same problem?

Reaction score
I don't understand your issue Perhaps you should use the contact for support of the Android Outlook app. There is no mystery about it. You stated you have an office outlook on your computer with outlook office email. for the Android part, you just set up the very same email address or Address I personally have about 10 different email addresses that I use for different purposes. I have 3 email addresses that I use on my Samsun S8 Plus. These three email addresses have to same emails on both my computers 4 two notebooks and 2 desktops All Windows 10 Pro, and my Samsung S8 Plus all receive the same emails with attachments They all stay in perfect sync. I have multiple folders in all three that I use on my Smart Phone in the Outlook App I have only the folders that I need to see on my phone this is the setting I use each has a different folder. By Folder I mean Default folders are Inbox, Deleted Items, Sent Items, and outbox, right? Well, I have multiple folders I have created to store long term emails by category now then these folders have to be turned on in Outlook App for the to download emails that are sorted by Rules that automatically sent to the correct folders.
I never connect my SmartPhone to my computers for email ever. they only thing I do sometimes connect to phone is to download Pictures from the phone and seldom do that since all pictures I take on the phone upload to the cloud DropBox and automatically sync to all my computers which also have dropbox installed.
I believe that the issue you are having is that you for some reason want to connect your phone to your computer and somehow transfer email manually? To do this you would have to run a back up from your computer to your phone. Microsoft recently changed all their email programs to run off Exchange Servers, and this may be why you can't do what you were doing with Windows 7. With POP mail all you would have to do is copy your *.PST folder, with IMAP there is no PST folder your email is stored on the MS Exchange Mail Servers.

Reaction score
Hi again Clint. I appreciate your willingness to help. I have no problem with email. That I get on both phone and PC. It is the Contacts that are duplicating.

Reaction score
I would contact the help for outlook.com there was a link for help in the link I sent you.
Sorry I got distracted when in your OP you stated that you're trying to use Smart Switch to transfer data to your phone.

Ask a Question