Windows home wifi networking problems stopping Minecraft LAN connection

Reaction score
Hello.

I'm trying to help my sons play on Minecraft together but they can't get a LAN world (wifi connected server) to work. One computer (1) can see the other's (2) LAN world, but it times out. Computer 2 can't see computer 1's LAN world at all.

It says a problem is often caused through the Windows Firewall, but both have Java enabled to pass through the Firewall on Private Networks. So I started having a look at the network settings. They both are connecting to the Wifi on a Private network in the same way.

I have tried looking to see if they can see each other on the network outside of Minecraft and computer 2 can see computer 1 but not visa versa (which is sort of the opposite problem to Minecraft)

Any help or ideas of where to look would be amazing.

Attachments

• IMG_20191031_115845.jpg
    IMG_20191031_115845.jpg
    865.9 KB · Views: 568
Reaction score
ok, try this out. Download a program called hamachi on all the pcs that will be playing minecraft. Hamachi is a free vpn service that will put all the pcs in the same lan as eachother.

Once hamachi is installed, on ONE pc, preferably the fastest, create a new network in hamachi. Call it something like local.minecraft.lan and then use a password that people will remember.

Ok, now that the network is created, have the other pcs, download and install hamachi, the jon an existing network. Put in the network name you created and password.

Now that all the pcs are in the same hamachi network, try it again. I had to do this to fix the same issue you were having.

Ask a Question