Windows 10 home users folder....? please...

Reaction score
I have some old entries in mu users folder. Some are of old Dropbox, and apps I no longer have. Sure would like some advice on whether it`s ok to delete them and proper way to do this....Thanks for any advice...Jim

Reaction score
Might be able to delete Dropbox but apps should be uninstalled, not simply deleted. In Settings, Apps is a list of installed programs, clicking one should give a popup with a choice to Uninstall or Remove. If an app is not in the list it may be possible to just delete it from the folder.

Reaction score
Thank you for your reply...That was what puzzled me. The apps in mention were already uninstalled with Geek uninstaller. Teasmspeak, Rainlandar . Dropbox, which I still use was in users folder with multiple entries. Thanks again. Jim

Reaction score
My curiosity having been aroused, I checked the list of apps on my computer. I am fearful of deleting or uninstalling any of them even though I don't know what they are. I have a Dell computer (relatively new) and the list of Dell apps is long. I can say the same about Microsoft apps. Then there are the Apple apps even though I have no Apple computers.

Reaction score
Then there are the Apple apps even though I have no Apple computers.
There are a number of products from Apple that can be used in conjunction with Windows such as iTunes, Safari [discontinued for Windows but mine still works] & QuickTime and there's the iPhone and maybe iPad that can be synced to Windows and maybe other things. The OEMs tend to provide what they think customers may want or use, can be good or bad. Microsoft does the same with some of their software, the issue boils down to buying what is being offered then uninstalling what is not wanted or have a Custom computer built with only what one wants. I have built most of my new computers but my last Desktop is a 3-yr-old ASUS came from their business line and didn't come with as much 'junk' as most consumer computers do. And one other thing, due in part with the capability of volume buying of OEMs, the Custom computers tend to be more expensive for equal performance.

Reaction score
Thank you, Bighorn. That explains all the unknown apps that I have. I just don't know which ones I might be utilizing so am fearful of deleting any.

Reaction score
You're welcome. Even after having built computers back towards '94 I also still am a little bit fearful of unknown programs but thanks to the Internet and the Search features I look them up to get some idea of what to do.

Ask a Question