Option(s) to "change user account name and type" not showing up in Windows 10 home ed.

Reaction score
I'm trying to change the name on my Windows 10 user account Administrator to something else but the option to do that does not show up in User Accounts in the control panel.

I have Windows 10 on a laptop that does show those options in User Accounts in the control panel.

Please help!!

tks

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
Have you had an opportunity to read through this article
??

Reaction score
Yes, thanks, I will read that. I'm sure there are workarounds, but I'm more curious why the options to "change account name" and "change account type" within control panel do not show up on one computer but are available on another.

Reaction score
control panel.png

There should be a choice for "change account name" and "change account type" in the "Make changes to your user account" section.

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
Probably not going to work on that account.
Assuming that is the built-in (normally hidden, normally disabled) system administrator's account and Windows didn't allow you to create a new local account with the same name.
ALTHOUGH
In reading some of that article that I linked above @Regedit32, has pretty well convinced me that the option is not present regardless of the account name.
Honestly, I don't have a lot of experience with the Home version of Windows 10. I think I have a laptop somewhere with it installed, I may take a look if I can find it.

Ask a Question