SOLVED Screen Saver Option

Reaction score
I understand the setup of a screen saver, Settings, Personalization, Lock screen, etc.

But there is another option that I have used and I cannot find it now. I have searched all over.
This is odd, Because I was just using that option this weekend and I know I dont have a 3rd party program. Now it just shows the single photo screensaver. There has to be another way than above. I wonder if Microsoft did an update I dont know about over the weekend and disabled it.

What I want to call the effect is a floating screen saver. The images (photos) gradually zoom toward you. Each image as it changes can have 1 photo or a collage of 2 to 6 different pallets. All I recall is that to get that option is a dialog box and to check small square to check, roll (?). It looks great. Rather than the standard 1 photo at a time.

Thank you to any of you windows 10 power users

Last edited:
Reaction score
It might’ve been the original photos screensaver which had that effect or the Live Essentials phot program which came with a good screensaver & these were removed with the update.
Usually screensavers have a settings option, I assume you’ve check that out for the inbuilt photo screensaver. If so then I’ll check those screensavers I mentioned; I’m sure one or both of these have that option to show more than one photo.

Reaction score
Photo Collage Screensaver - collage screensaver from your own photos

I use this one. Its not bad. it collages them like you'd see them as pictures. Stacked one on top of each other

I found another microsoft forum site that others had the exact same issue. And it can still be read, but the thread is closed. I called microsoft as well and they did not have an answer. Further more that effect was removed from windows 10. if it was removed, how was it was able to use it a couple days ago and then the next day it disappeared. It was offered in Windows Essentials for Windows 7, but not 10. They closed that app out.

Yep you're right. Microsoft removed it. They do updates at times that we dont even know about. Funny thing is, I was using that screensaver just a couple days ago on this system (windows 10). And it wasnt supposed to be in Windows 10. So how was it I was using it. Thats Microsoft for ya.

Ask a Question