Win 10 install has no option to say no to Microsoft account

Reaction score
I noticed today that win 10 install to a fresh hard drive no longer has a option to say no to signing in with a microsoft account. You can't go any further without it. Is there a work around/. I will setup computers ahead of time for resale and want to go with a local account at first, especially not know who will buy the computer
Thanks

Reaction score
When you get to this screen during setup, you should have the option for an offline account.

Reaction score
There is no option at that point showing an offline account. That option is not visible. The only option at that point is to sign on or create. However I did find a work around, stay off line, don't plug a nic cable in or use wifi. I reloaded win 10 to see what would happen and staying off line went to the local account box where you place your name in and the next screen is for the optional password. Thanks for replying.

Reaction score
I'm now doing a clean install of Version 1903 on a Notebook and that choice did show in the bottom left of the screen as did a second choice of doing a Microsoft account which I bypassed, can always do it later. Just happened to think, perhaps the screen resolution didn't show that bottom line with 3 choices plus the Next button?

Last edited:
Reaction score
Screen Resolutions were fine and the bottom screen had Privacy and cookies, terms of use and was missing offline account. Fortunately staying off line while installing went right to a local account only. Thanks

Ask a Question