Win10 booting problems without solution

Reaction score
Hello all!
I had an update 1 week ago and after a restart I was not able to start Win10 normally. Here is a video I made:
https://photos.app.goo.gl/wqpQ7Bp4d144t9799

Then I tried EVERYTHING: repair modes, removing the updated, starting in safe mode... Then I was able to start in normal mode. Till today when I noticed I cannot start any exe file due to "File System Error (-1073741819)" . I wanted to solve it by changing some sound settings acc. to a youtube video

This was this video (click on the link to youtube) Link to video removed by Regedit32 as it contained invalid advice on OT error code

And now the booting problem came back. I have NO idea what the heck is happening to my notebook and myy Win10?!

Anyone noticed/heard about similar behaviour?

Thank you all,
Istvan

Last edited by a moderator:

Regedit32

Reaction score
Hi and welcome to the Forum.

As it would appear you have discovered, YouTube is riddled with useless videos promising the earth with Windows issues, and delivering you nothing at all.

Likewise, a basic Google search on your File Error code will also deliver a plethora of bold claims, promising to fix your problem.

There are a range of issues that can prevent one opening an executable:
  • Virus / Malware infection
  • Firewall blocking potential harmful files
  • Permissions [ i.e. User Account Control settings have been intentionally adjusted, or accidently corrupted ]
  • Group Policy settings to prevent access to applications [ usually enable by a Company's IT department ]
  • A corrupted User profile
  • A corrupted Windows OS

Your first link to a video of your HP Notebook attempt to load Windows was helpful, but it does not show you attempting to open an executable file. The second link to a youtube channel with some amateur computer geek who can't spell, what they are typing was a waste of time and contained misinformation: - thus when I'm done typing this post, I'll be removing the link from your post.

If your notebook came with a Recovery disk, or partition, your best bet would be to use that to restore your computer to its Factory state, i.e. leaving you with a computer as it was when your first purchased it, and thus with the OS it came with. If that happens to be Windows 7, or 8 or 8.1, don't worry, as you can update back to Windows 10 and it will automatically activate your license for you.

If that is not an option, then cold shutting down you computer three times in a row, ought to make it boot into recovery mode, where you can choose to repair your Windows installation, or reinstall it. To achieve this, when powered on, press and hold your power button down until the computer shuts down completely, and restart and repeat this three times.

There are some techniques you could use to repair a corrupted Registry, but that will not be possible of you cannot open an executable, so for now I will not go there.

In the meantime, when you respond to this post, can you let us know what model notebook you are using and if you know, what OS it came with originally, including the OS architecture, i.e. whether it was 32-bit, or 64-bit, and its edition, Home, Professional, etcetera.

Regards,

Regedit32

Ask a Question