SOLVED Win10 Updates Looping as-in with conflicting "Up-to-Date" immed after "Updates Failed" error message

Reaction score
The title of this post may sound a bit confusing so I'll try to explain the problem with some screenshots and some copied and pasted stats here(below). This issue has been goingti on for almost 3 months and I'm tired of it. I have multiple PC's and devices (totalling over 7 in all), so I've just been using the other non-affected ones, but I want to clear this problem up, because it's on a very handy HP X2 10" Hybrid Detachable Monitor 2-in-1 Notebook/Tablet thatWind used to be my 3rd arm for convenience purposes and using the other machines for heavier lifting serious work/tasks.. So, here's the deal.

Windows 10 Home edition has auto-updates with no option for temp or permanent shutdown,
so,
on boot-up there's often a self-terminating pop-up "Congrats, ur updates are installed and you're Up to Date!"
until a while back.... when the system began to stall...

"We couldn't complete the changes
Undoing changes
Don't turn off your computer"

and this would take SEVERAL minutes.... I'm talking almost 7-8 full minutes here...no joke.

Then, following the auto-reboot
the taskbar notification instantly hovers a bubble reminder "You have updates ready to download and install".

Well, after hitting download and install the system lists a total of three updates, the first two download and install fine. Then the last one which is the BIG one, a roll-up for my version and build # says it installs 100% too, but the system needs to restart to finalize it (do the configuration - with onscreen notices such as "Configuring upates 30% complete, do not turn off your computer....then 76% do not turn off,etc... 100% !....the system will now restart"

On THAT restart, again....

"We couldn't complete the changes
Undoing changes
Don't turn off your computer"

This is the exact offline installer I downloaded of one of the updates that I also tried installing manually.
windows10.0-kb4512501-x64_09acaf2e24b265fdb2f29c4c62e9d079029659bd.msu

Below are some screenshots [ actual live examples] of this issue - what you see is what you get !

Update.jpg

Wrong.jpg

Specs.jpg

I also tried to clear and reset the Win10-Updates-cache.

Here is the .bat file I got from 10forums.com that I thought would clear the cache and reset Win10 Updates.
It didn't seem to have any effect.

• I ran the (below) batch file.
  • Then rebooted.
  • Then the kb4512501-x64 update as a standalone offline update.
Result = no change. System still loops in same "updates ready for install" cycle over & over again

I will end my post here. You can check out the .bat script below if desired.

Any/All suggestions, tips, tricks or related feedback welcome !

Thanks in Advance !

*//......................BEGINNIING OF BATCH FILE-------------------------------- *//

@echo off

:: Created by: Shawn Brink
:: Created on: October 1st 2015
:: Updated on: February 12th 2018
:: Tutorial: https://www.tenforums.com/tutorials/24742-reset-windows-update-windows-10-a.html

:: Checking and Stopping the Windows Update services
set b=0

:bits
set /a b=%b%+1
if %b% equ 3 (
goto end1
)
net stop bits
echo Checking the bits service status.
sc query bits | findstr /I /C:"STOPPED"
if not %errorlevel%==0 (
goto bits
)
goto loop2

:end1
cls
echo.
echo Cannot reset Windows Update since "Background Intelligent Transfer Service" (bits) service failed to stop.
echo.
pause
goto Start

:loop2
set w=0

:wuauserv
set /a w=%w%+1
if %w% equ 3 (
goto end2
)
net stop wuauserv
echo Checking the wuauserv service status.
sc query wuauserv | findstr /I /C:"STOPPED"
if not %errorlevel%==0 (
goto wuauserv
)
goto loop3

:end2
cls
echo.
echo Cannot reset Windows Update since "Windows Update" (wuauserv) service failed to stop.
echo.
pause
goto Start

:loop3
set app=0

:appidsvc
set /a app=%app%+1
if %app% equ 3 (
goto end3
)
net stop appidsvc
echo Checking the appidsvc service status.
sc query appidsvc | findstr /I /C:"STOPPED"
if not %errorlevel%==0 (
goto appidsvc
)
goto loop4

:end3
cls
echo.
echo Cannot reset Windows Update since "Application Identity" (appidsvc) service failed to stop.
echo.
pause
goto Start

:loop4
set c=0

:cryptsvc
set /a c=%c%+1
if %c% equ 3 (
goto end4
)
net stop cryptsvc
echo Checking the cryptsvc service status.
sc query cryptsvc | findstr /I /C:"STOPPED"
if not %errorlevel%==0 (
goto cryptsvc
)
goto Reset

:end4
cls
echo.
echo Cannot reset Windows Update since "Cryptographic Services" (cryptsvc) service failed to stop.
echo.
pause
goto Start

:Reset
Ipconfig /flushdns
del /s /q /f "%ALLUSERSPROFILE%\Application Data\Microsoft\Network\Downloader\qmgr*.dat"
del /s /q /f "%ALLUSERSPROFILE%\Microsoft\Network\Downloader\qmgr*.dat"
del /s /q /f "%SYSTEMROOT%\Logs\WindowsUpdate\*"

if exist "%SYSTEMROOT%\winsxs\pending.xml.bak" del /s /q /f "%SYSTEMROOT%\winsxs\pending.xml.bak"
if exist "%SYSTEMROOT%\winsxs\pending.xml" (
takeown /f "%SYSTEMROOT%\winsxs\pending.xml"
attrib -r -s -h /s /d "%SYSTEMROOT%\winsxs\pending.xml"
ren "%SYSTEMROOT%\winsxs\pending.xml" pending.xml.bak
)

if exist "%SYSTEMROOT%\SoftwareDistribution.bak" rmdir /s /q "%SYSTEMROOT%\SoftwareDistribution.bak"
if exist "%SYSTEMROOT%\SoftwareDistribution" (
attrib -r -s -h /s /d "%SYSTEMROOT%\SoftwareDistribution"
ren "%SYSTEMROOT%\SoftwareDistribution" SoftwareDistribution.bak
)

if exist "%SYSTEMROOT%\system32\Catroot2.bak" rmdir /s /q "%SYSTEMROOT%\system32\Catroot2.bak"
if exist "%SYSTEMROOT%\system32\Catroot2" (
attrib -r -s -h /s /d "%SYSTEMROOT%\system32\Catroot2"
ren "%SYSTEMROOT%\system32\Catroot2" Catroot2.bak
)

:: Reset Windows Update policies
reg delete "HKCU\SOFTWARE\Policies\Microsoft\Windows\WindowsUpdate" /f
reg delete "HKCU\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Policies\WindowsUpdate" /f
reg delete "HKLM\SOFTWARE\Policies\Microsoft\Windows\WindowsUpdate" /f
reg delete "HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Policies\WindowsUpdate" /f
gpupdate /force

:: Reset the BITS service and the Windows Update service to the default security descriptor
sc.exe sdset bits D:(A;;CCLCSWRPWPDTLOCRRC;;;SY)(A;;CCDCLCSWRPWPDTLOCRSDRCWDWO;;;BA)(A;;CCLCSWLOCRRC;;;AU)(A;;CCLCSWRPWPDTLOCRRC;;;PU)

sc.exe sdset wuauserv D:(A;;CCLCSWRPWPDTLOCRRC;;;SY)(A;;CCDCLCSWRPWPDTLOCRSDRCWDWO;;;BA)(A;;CCLCSWLOCRRC;;;AU)(A;;CCLCSWRPWPDTLOCRRC;;;PU)

:: Reregister the BITS files and the Windows Update files
cd /d %windir%\system32
regsvr32.exe /s atl.dll
regsvr32.exe /s urlmon.dll
regsvr32.exe /s mshtml.dll
regsvr32.exe /s shdocvw.dll
regsvr32.exe /s browseui.dll
regsvr32.exe /s jscript.dll
regsvr32.exe /s vbscript.dll
regsvr32.exe /s scrrun.dll
regsvr32.exe /s msxml.dll
regsvr32.exe /s msxml3.dll
regsvr32.exe /s msxml6.dll
regsvr32.exe /s actxprxy.dll
regsvr32.exe /s softpub.dll
regsvr32.exe /s wintrust.dll
regsvr32.exe /s dssenh.dll
regsvr32.exe /s rsaenh.dll
regsvr32.exe /s gpkcsp.dll
regsvr32.exe /s sccbase.dll
regsvr32.exe /s slbcsp.dll
regsvr32.exe /s cryptdlg.dll
regsvr32.exe /s oleaut32.dll
regsvr32.exe /s ole32.dll
regsvr32.exe /s shell32.dll
regsvr32.exe /s initpki.dll
regsvr32.exe /s wuapi.dll
regsvr32.exe /s wuaueng.dll
regsvr32.exe /s wuaueng1.dll
regsvr32.exe /s wucltui.dll
regsvr32.exe /s wups.dll
regsvr32.exe /s wups2.dll
regsvr32.exe /s wuweb.dll
regsvr32.exe /s qmgr.dll
regsvr32.exe /s qmgrprxy.dll
regsvr32.exe /s wucltux.dll
regsvr32.exe /s muweb.dll
regsvr32.exe /s wuwebv.dll
regsvr32.exe /s wudriver.dll
netsh winsock reset
netsh winsock reset proxy

:: Set the startup type as automatic
sc config wuauserv start= auto
sc config bits start= auto
sc config DcomLaunch start= auto

:Start
net start bits
net start wuauserv
net start appidsvc
net start cryptsvc

*//------------------------------------------END OF BATCH FILE---------------------------------*//

Regedit32

Reaction score
Difficult to say whether something is corrupting the installation file before you use it, or whether there are corrupt system files on your computer preventing the installation.

My gut feeling in a situation like you are describing, is to nuke the SoftwareDistribution folder and block if not permanently, at least temporarily the download of the cumulative update causing you the issue.
  1. In your search bar type cmd
  2. Right-click on Command Prompt and select Run as administrator then when prompted by the UAC click yes
  3. In the elevated command prompt console type the following in order supplied:

• net stop wuauserv (Press Enter key to execute)
  • net stop bits (Press Enter key to execute)
  • rename %windir%\SoftwareDistribution SoftwareDistribution.bak (Press Enter key to execute)
  • exit (Press Enter key to execute and close command console)
4. Now shutdown computer then restart the computer to allow Windows to create a new SoftwareDistribution folder

5. Next, go here: https://support.microsoft.com/en-us...t-a-windows-update-from-reinstalling-in-windo
  • Download the show or hide app and use it to block that cummulative update for now
  • When done you can then consider Running your command prompt as administrator again and performing a System file check using the command: sfc /scannow
When all done and you are satisfied your system is stable, you can check for updates again and see how things go. Your current build version of Windows 10 Home is somewhat outdated - which may well be half your issue. It might well be worthwhile visiting Microsoft's download site directly and downloading the latest Windows build using their Windows Download Tool so you can grab a nice fresh ISO image which you mount by right-clicking and selecting mount then choosing to run the Setup file as Administrator and following the standard prompts to install the latest build.

Regards,

Regedit32

Reaction score
Thanks Regedit32. After my original post I did try, unsuccessfully, to upgrade to Ver. 1903, using the existing upgrade option in the updater, not standalone ISO as you referred to, which I will try later today. I'm working now so I plan to explore that this evening, thank you. I do have a question/concern though.

I read previously, elsewhere (on HP support forums if I'm not mistaken), that due to that this particular device being a hybrid machine of both laptop(notebook) and tablet that the manufacturer installed the Win10 Home edition with some type of specialized tweaks that, if not properly and appropriately taken into consideration if/when during updates and/or other operating system modification(s) would impact some device drivers and overall system performance (degrading it), including completely knocking out the functionality of some device drivers and/or making the ability of the device to switch from traditional laptop/notebook keyboard usage to being in (tablet-mode) touchscreen-capacitive inoperable/nonfunctional etc.

I hope you understand the nature of this concern.

I'm gonna make a full backup of course first (to external media), then try the ISO route you pointed to, and see what comes of it. Can't hurt.

Reminder, the system being discussed here is in-fact functional in current status. It works. The looping problem I am seeking to remedy and/or update/upgrade around appears, then upon several reboots eventually recedes into being dormant for anywhere from 3-4 days or as far as up to 10-14 days. During the interim periods the system functions as normal, everything is completely functional 100% working fine. But then, the bottom falls out at random - anytime on a reboot it's like playing "russian roulette" . In a nutshell, it's nerve-wracking, and terribly inconvenient in some circumstances. I can't trust it to use for kneeboarding quick business presentations etc to associates or clients etc... Wish me luck.

P.S
If this issue persists, I am considering attempting to upgrade to PRO from this Home Edition - Again though, as mentioned prev, what I heard was that PRO had not been verified as safe for install (compatible/functional) ,,,that said OEM Tweaks /Dev Drivers had not been made and are not available at HP support downloads page etc etc... so that is a roll of the dice.. I don't really know how much of that is hyperbole by the OEM to "keep the consumer on a leash" or if in reality the Windows 10 PRO updater can and does auto-detect the type-of-machine-specific determinations to be made and install correctly corresponding components accordingly. I have actually developed a healthy respect for the Windows10 O/S overall as far as it's functionality and stability is concerned. It just sometimes is so overprotective and controlling between the updater and system securities that it can get in its own way sometimes, and cause irregular behaviors in apps not found running same apps in Win7x64.

[Update|Edit : ] As a personal preference, I don't use 3rd party A/V software (McAffee/Norton/Kaspersky/Etc). I make a simple fast backups ( done in 15 minutes )(AOMEI Backupper) 1-2X weekly. I do however use Ccleaner and some other related cleaners (below). During this scenario discussed here, with exception of Ccleaner I uninstalled the other items. I have and used REVO Uninstaller Pro for a thorough stringent complete uninstall ( and use it for any other uninstallation tasks).

Anti-Malware and Junkware Removal Tools : [ Uninstalled during current situation ]
  • RKILL (Stops malware processes before using malware detection and removal tools, created and distributed by bleepingcomputer.com
  • Malwarebytes (Malwarebytes malware detection & removal)
  • Adware Remover (Malwarebytes adware detection & removal)
  • Junkware Remover (Malwarebytes junkware detection & removal)
[ End of Update|Edit ]

Thanks again Regedit32 for taking your time to provide your detailed insights and recommendations .

- Regards.
Anthony (Symeriax) [Miami, FL]

Last edited:

Regedit32

Reaction score
the manufacturer installed the Win10 Home edition with some type of specialized tweaks that, if not properly and appropriately taken into consideration if/when during updates and/or other operating system modification(s) would impact some device drivers and overall system performance (degrading it), including completely knocking out the functionality of some device drivers and/or making the ability of the device to switch from traditional laptop/notebook keyboard usage to being in (tablet-mode) touchscreen-capacitive inoperable/nonfunctional etc.

That is something to definitely consider!

I've got a decade old HP Desktop that I continue to update with the latest Windows 10 Home edition updates. Thus far the only issue I've run into is each time I update it, I need to go into Device Manager and replace the IDT Audio Driver with Microsoft's generic High Definition Audio driver in order to being able to hear anything or use a mic and headset.

It would probably be wise to check with HP as to what specific drivers or even hardware on your machine might not meet specifications before attempting to install an updated Windows version.

I'm not sure it'd be worth spending money updating to Windows 10 Pro edition just yet. First you want to ensure just how far you can increase the Build version of Windows 10 Home Edition (oem) before you invest money on software that may not work. OEM software generally requires you patiently await the manufacturer's updates for - in this case HP.

My HP Desktop was running a OEM Windows 7 edition, but has thus far been fine on a non oem Windows 10 Home version - with the exception of no support for the IDT Audio driver. I just block that particular update now.

Does your machine have its own recovery partition? HP usually provide one so you can return the machine to Factory status when things go terrible.

Regards,

Regedit32

Reaction score
from my experience i found that win10 won't run successfully on 4gig of ram win10 will hog all of it during updates downloading. This i would thing the main cause of the system not finishing the download updates runs great on a minimum of 8gig of ram check task manager performance cpu and memory usage while doing updates

Reaction score
from my experience i found that win10 won't run successfully on 4gig of ram win10 will hog all of it during updates downloading. This i would thing the main cause of the system not finishing the download updates runs great on a minimum of 8gig of ram check task manager performance cpu and memory usage while doing updates
I run Windows 10 on a netbook with a 1st generation atom cpu and 2 gb ram. It runs pretty smooth considering. And unless I'm running more than 4 or 5 browser tabs, it rarely writes to the page file. Although I do use Win 10 32 bit.

Reaction score
I run Windows 10 on a netbook with a 1st generation atom cpu and 2 gb ram. It runs pretty smooth considering. And unless I'm running more than 4 or 5 browser tabs, it rarely writes to the page file. Although I do use Win 10 32 bit.
Agree. similar specs. similar performance. mine slightly better, but not huge. I have 4 GB vs your 2 and I run 64-bit vs your 32-bit, which accounts for the slight uptick on my end. :cool: thanks for the post :cool:

Reaction score
I'm not sure if you are referring to system performance lagging on Windows 10 in general from having only 4 GB RAM, or if you meant --and I think you did mean, more precisely, that if/when doing updates Windows 10 Updater hogs available RAM and thereby compromises performance of other apps or tasks. What I didn't clearly understand is your reference to the system "not finishing the download" ( ? ). Sounds like you were implying that leftover (available) RAM not in use by the O/S itself already is not enough to contain downloaded updates -- and my problem with that is that download don't go to RAM, they go eventually to a specified download targeted folder location. Additionally, the hard drive, even small 64 GB SSD drives, use swap-files to handle execution instruction sets that overflow RAM, cpu-cache, and/or buffer capabilities, etc.. (that's not an exact or definitive in-all-cases declaration, just a broad stroke....) In either case, I do agree that 8 GB RAM would be preferrable, if possible. In this devices' case, however that's not an option, the RAM is not upgradable. Keep in mind, this is a tote-around type handy device, the kind of small netbook sized mini laptop you see commonly with students or on the forearms of nurses in hospitals, etc... the screen detaches and it becomes a tablet but not an Android tablet, an actual Windows 10 tablet pc, that sort of device.. ;)Thank you for your post. :p

Reaction score

I've got a decade old HP Desktop that I continue to update with the latest Windows 10 Home edition updates. Thus far the only issue I've run into is each time I update it, I need to go into Device Manager and replace the IDT Audio Driver with Microsoft's generic High Definition Audio driver in order to being able to hear anything or use a mic and headset.

It would probably be wise to check with HP as to what specific drivers or even hardware on your machine might not meet specifications before attempting to install an updated Windows version.

I'm not sure it'd be worth spending money updating to Windows 10 Pro edition just yet. First you want to ensure just how far you can increase the Build version of Windows 10 Home Edition (oem) before you invest money on software that may not work. OEM software generally requires you patiently await the manufacturer's updates for - in this case HP.

My HP Desktop was running a OEM Windows 7 edition, but has thus far been fine on a non oem Windows 10 Home version - with the exception of no support for the IDT Audio driver. I just block that particular update now.

Does your machine have its own recovery partition? HP usually provide one so you can return the machine to Factory status when things go terrible.

Regards,

Regedit32
I saved replying to your thread for last as your response is more relevant to my issue & concerns, and while waiting for the hours-long download of Ver.1903 to finally complete, I was also multi-tasking responding to some other posts.

But I'm still not out of the woods yet. I use AOMEI Backupper as my first backup tool option, but I do have Acronis TrueImage2019 also. I've used AOMEI on all my other devices as my go-to for several years now because it is very streamlined and user-friendly, both easy and as fast or faster than any other I've tried (including Acronis). But AOMEI doesn't seem to recognize the internal 64 GB SSD of this hybrid half-notebook/half-tablet .. and while waiting for my download to complete and posting replies to this thread I spent nearly 2 hours trying to find out what the devil is causing that, and never did find anything that worked... so I'm going to lug out the big cannon after all, the Acronis TrueImage... Yes, it's much more robust and featured than AOMEI but it's like wrestling with a bear navigation-wise as compared to AOMEI's simple straightforward uncluttered interface.

I will post updated results of the effort toward install Ver.1903 from straighforward good ole ISO DVD-RW after using @ActiveDisk to freshly reformat the partition (see screenshot of how damn confusing cluttered up they (HP) cram all that gobbledygook on a puny little 64 GB NON-removable FIXED internal drive, oh for pete's sake, there outta be a law...)

BTW ::: RE: ➜ " Does your machine have its own recovery partition? HP usually provide one so you can return the machine to Factory status when things go terrible."

Before I go, you'll see if you view the screenshot of Windows DiskMgmt Console - within it you might take notice that although this particular device shows that it has a "Recovery" partition, you'll further notice that there is next to none of it occupied. What little that is occupied is simply the formatting of said partition, nothing else. Note particularly it's in MB's not gigs, and 14 measly megabytes ain't jack, you know that and so do I. that's a partition table, nothin else. And it's an example of typical self-obfuscated illogicality. What I mean is what the heck is the point of putting a recovery partition on an already dinky little drive and there's nothing even on it ? What gives ? Well the answer to that, should you care to Google this yourself (into chuckles) and verify what I'm about to tell you, is that according to HP Support forum threads that as of 2018 HP no longer includes Recovery Manager / Recovery Images pre-installed on their WINDOWS 10 configured systems ( the hogwash they infer without exactly saying per-say, but they sure allude to it enough, gingerbread trail style, hinting leaving word crumbs as little clues they think you will pick up and thereby deduce that what they meant is...... but no they never really said this...., I'm saying what they won't, so you can't quote them on anything !!. at least, directly..... Anyway, HP expects you to use Windows 10 to make your own recovery media, has abandoned providing it as a VAR (value-added-reseller) feature perk (bell & whistle style extra gravy etc) since I suspect that THEY (HP) believe that since Windows 10 has so many updates, so frequently, which could potentially impact backup process/procedure of recover/restore media to/onto Win10 drives they (HP) have decided to tactfully excuse themselves and let users deal with the whole Win10 neverending perpetual update & obsolescence conundrum on their own.

I will update later, if I'm not hungover..... bye. o_O;):)

Windows DiskMgmt console for the 64 GB SSD
DiskMgmt.jpg

Miscellaneous system data screenshots ripped from Speccy (Piriform, same folks behind Ccleaner).

OS.jpg

Summary.jpg

CPU.jpg

RAM.jpg

MOBO.jpg

Reaction score
Done.

I chose to go the "clean slate" route. I got so P.O.'d at the Win10 updater being "stuck on stupid" so many times that I just didn't trust what I was seeing anymore. So I downloaded the whole ISO, and saved it to my own media.

I downloaded the Win10 Ver.1903 Standalone ISO and burned it to DVD and ran it just like you would a brand spanking new installation disk onto a new pc you just got. Well, that is basically the same prodedure I'm talking about. In this case, when the ISO disk boots up the computer and starts going through it's preliminary setup procedures it will check and verify that you are installing the ISO (since it is technically an "update" downloaded for free, not a COA-sticker copy you paid for retail) on an already activated system with a valid product id # (see screenshot below). Once that is done, just sit back and let it run like any other install...... just follow the prompts..

Here's the general steps I did. **Note::** Even though the listed steps don't use the specific text "Version 1903" when you do them you will see that's what is onscreen...

-Downloaded Windows Update Assistant Tool saves on your computer as "Windows10Upgrade9252.exe"
-Run the Tool & Save the ISO file to your drive : saves on your computer as "Windows.ISO
-Burn the ISO to DVD or media of your choice it fits very easily on a common standard-size 4.37 GB DVD
-Do not forget to backup the current system... in case you get stuck somehow in a failed install bad ISO copy

Actual Screenshots

1903WinUpdates.jpg

1903 OS Build.jpg

1903_ISO.jpg

Win10.jpg

Well, that did it. All Good now.. all functional, up to date, runs smooth as silk...

Thanks Everybody -- your feedback helped me stay focused and get this fixed !!

Take Care All ..... :):):):):):):):):)

Reaction score

Symeriax said:

the manufacturer installed the Win10 Home edition with some type of specialized tweaks that, if not properly and appropriately taken into consideration if/when during updates and/or other operating system modification(s) would impact some device drivers and overall system performance (degrading it), including completely knocking out the functionality of some device drivers and/or making the ability of the device to switch from traditional laptop/notebook keyboard usage to being in (tablet-mode) touchscreen-capacitive inoperable/nonfunctional etc.

In addition to my public post final status I wanted to tell you that regarding the concern we shared earlier thread regarding performance loss issues related to inappropriate or missing drivers that indeed when the ISO install concluded although the system booted up fine into Windows 10 Version 1903 DEVICE MANAGER looked like a nuclear bomb had detonated in there.... and I wouldn't believe it if I hadn't seen it with my own eyes, but by right clicking one after another the "unknown device" listings and selecting Properties>Update Driver.... well, lo and behold,,, no they weren't fingersnap or lightswitch quick but one by one those little buggers slowly updated, including five (5) or six (6) reboots. It took about 45 minutes. There was approx 15-20 of them at least. Anyway, I had did the TrueImage2018 full system backup (which included all partitions on the entire drive volume, as full backups, not sequential incremental backup-updates....etc/you know what I mean... so I wasn't blowing a head gasket when I saw all those "unknown device" listings..I didn't panic, but I wasn't looking forward to starting all over from scratch either. Thankfully, that didn't happen. Just wanted to say thanks. I make mistakes when I don't hear another person telling me, from their own perspective, what I really need to hear to stay on track and not get impatient and reckless... Thanks again...☑️ ☑️ Much appreciated. ☑️☑️

- Symeriax

- Anthony [ Miami, FL | USA ]

Ask a Question