Strange Win10 horiZonal not wanted scrolling

Reaction score
HELP. This one is driving me crazy. when i use File ManagerSOME dira scroll horizonally left and right.
And other act fine. Evn after turning off the horizonal scrolling the strange scrolling still is there.
I've tried a lot but nothing so far accects the probelm Help please.

Its on my win10 HP laptop 64bt. 8 meg of memory. 1000gb hard disk.

Reaction score
It may depend upon how many files are in a File Explorer Folder, if the files panel does not have a vertical scroll bar there is not many files and it usually will scroll left to right. There's also some mice like my Logitech M305 with tiny arrows on each side of the wheel that indicate L to R scrolling when pressed accordingly. Not all programs support it, depends upon the horizontal scrollbar being visible. Might check in Mouse settings about the tilt-wheel feature/Horizontal scrolling. Or maybe replace the mouse for another.

Last edited:
Reaction score
but then isthere a way totell it NOT to scroll hoirzxontally! i hate this horzonrl scoll.

Reaction score
its one of the file managaer option settings, hitting the default option and then hitting
to see hidden files and simething changings and set no scroll. goota figure whch one t is thvou.

Reaction score
My go to for mouse problems is Mouse and Keyboard Center at Microsoft Download Center. It features disabling for various functions.

Reaction score
but then isthere a way totell it NOT to scroll hoirzxontally! i hate this horzonrl scoll.
After some thinking about it I'd say forget the mouse part and change your Display settings, use larger resolution numbers, perhaps the largest available, then make sure any open windows are set to Maximized [not Full Screen, that's a different thing]. The Horizontal scrollbar appears when there's more data to be displayed than fits in the window.
1568036795319.png

Ask a Question