SOLVED Strange Icon!

Reaction score
I suddenly got these icons on PDF documents today mid arvo.
What happened?

Also my laptop puter switches on but the screen stays black, does this mean it is buggered?

Reaction score
This is the Icon for the AVG secure browser as you can see. This browser is installed by default if the setup is not customized. Avast has the same browser which I usually uncheck during installation as many other "features" I do not need. you can modify the setup of AVG in the control panel (right click on avast, then change).

Regarding the black screen: what version of Windows are you running on that computer ?? Is there any activity present during the black screen (there might be updates running) ?

Reaction score
I am using window 10.
I hadn't used the laptop for about a week, switched on yesterday and the screen stayed black, tried it this afternoon it started up normal and works OK.

I got it sorted now.
Some how it installed it self yesterday, then changed all my PDF icons to the AVG secure browser icons as well as all the google chrome icons.

Thanks for you help.

Ask a Question