Strange things have been going on with up dates

Michael Bell

Mickey B
Reaction score
Few up dates ago there was a duel sign on option I either chose micro soft account with pass word other gave you a PIN option I chose the micro soft sign on option. From that point on apps were needing to be reset , window store acted funny.
Then the October up date was stopped some thing about data getting deleted. Out of the blue today a up date came threw KB4462919 that first failed to load , I re started my computer tried it again , then it did down a load and installed. That up date changed my sign on to single micro soft account no option for the Pin sign on.
The big October up date has not come threw maybe they found out duel sign on made October up date fail ?
I thought some one should know what I experienced and what I did.

Reaction score
These are the last updates i got yesterday went through o/k
I have my PCs set to defer any feature updates for a month gives me time to see what havoc they are causing.;)

upload_2018-10-10_10-46-33.png

upload_2018-10-10_10-44-58.png

Reaction score
KB4462919 for the last couple of days has caused my computer to try restarting two or three times before uninstalling it and starting up again. PITA.

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
KB4462919 for the last couple of days has caused my computer to try restarting two or three times before uninstalling it and starting up again. PITA.
There is quite a bit of info out there regarding that update.
https://www.digitaltrends.com/computing/windows-10-october-2018-update-blue-screen-death-hp/

It seems to primarily involve some HP computers with a particular driver but there is some conjecture that other computers might also be impacted.

Google KB4462919 AND see if any of that info might pertain to your specific circumstances.

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
Yes.... mine too, although I performed a clean install from installation media that I produced from the Microsoft ISO that was available briefly.
And according to Microsoft as well as other resources, "the problem" is only manifest on a very small percentage "one one hundredth of one percent, of computers" that actually received the 1809 upgrade.
BUT that doesn't change the fact that some people are experiencing these issues AND that the patch supplied by Microsoft on this past Tuesday has produced some other issues.

Reaction score
I have gotten the impression there has been some messing around with user profiles. So far I haven't noticed anything but I still have one system which has not been upgraded to 1809..

I did have problems with Windows Mixed Reality on one system and had to reload that as well as get a video driver from Nvidia which was 7 months beyond the one Dell had for download.

Reaction score
There is quite a bit of info out there regarding that update.
https://www.digitaltrends.com/computing/windows-10-october-2018-update-blue-screen-death-hp/

It seems to primarily involve some HP computers with a particular driver but there is some conjecture that other computers might also be impacted.

Google KB4462919 AND see if any of that info might pertain to your specific circumstances.
Thanks for that, mine isnt an HP computer but the computer had been left on overnight and this morning no sign of it happening, anyway I'm leaving upgrading till I'm fed up with a signing in little problem.

Reaction score
Just as an aid, these are all the updates I've installed and gotten since I installed v1809 which culminated into the OS Build 17763.55. As you can see "KB4464330" failed to install from 'Windows Update' so I had to download it through the "Microsoft Update Catalog" and it installed perfectly, btw, this update is no longer available at this link as MS must have pulled it off until they rectify the problems with v1809. Hope this helps

Attachments

• 1.JPG
    1.JPG
    64.8 KB · Views: 493
  • 2.JPG
    2.JPG
    71.6 KB · Views: 507
  • 3.JPG
    3.JPG
    35.7 KB · Views: 435
Last edited:
Reaction score
KB4464330 failed to install the first time, but succeeded the second. I've only received three updates since upgrading to 1809. KB4464330, KB4462930, and KB890830

Ask a Question