SOLVED Strange file error with NON-Microsoft File Manager and other file issues

Reaction score
I just upgraded to a Hybrid HDD (SSHD). Everything appeared to be working, but now I'm getting strange errors. First, when using my video editing program, Magix Video Pro X, I can't save my project because the project file "does not exist". Then when working with XYplorer file manager, I can't create new folders because "The System Cannot Find the File Specified" when the "file" is "New Folder" that I'm trying to create?! But yet it works fine in the Windows "regular" file manager, which I hate. But I'm also getting file related issues with other programs too. Does anyone have any clue?? Are these errors related? Is my SSHD bad???

I'm running Windows 10 64 bit Pro freshly installed to the SSHD.

Thanks!

Reaction score
Some quite random thoughts: do you have enough space on your new HDD to allow VPX to save the project file? Have you tried the "Save As ..." route, giving the project a different name? Is there something (e.g. a certain video file/photo/other object) which could cause VPX to throw this error?

Reaction score
Some quite random thoughts: do you have enough space on your new HDD to allow VPX to save the project file? Have you tried the "Save As ..." route, giving the project a different name? Is there something (e.g. a certain video file/photo/other object) which could cause VPX to throw this error?
I have over 1.5TB space on my SSHD. I tried re-installing Video Pro X and now it won't even do that (another error has occurred). But, I tried yet another video editing software, and it seems to work (i.e. I can save projects, etc). So I have no idea what is going on.

Reaction score
Okay it appears to be a write permissions error on drive C:, because now even the new software I just installed said "cannot save to cache folder, no write permission" and same thing two other programs.

So it seems like a Windows 10 issue, as when I first installed the SSHD drive, everything worked.....

So the question is, how do I fix this?

Reaction score
Have you run any diagnostic software on your hard drive. HD Tune is good. Also for free, you can download the tool from the manufacturer website. All this working and not working sounds like a hard drive issue to me, at least enough to test that new SS/Harddrive

Reaction score
Have you run any diagnostic software on your hard drive. HD Tune is good. Also for free, you can download the tool from the manufacturer website. All this working and not working sounds like a hard drive issue to me, at least enough to test that new SS/Harddrive
It was a Windows update error. I "reset" my system and it fixed it. Thanks to you and @AnnieGeek for the replies!

Ask a Question