SOLVED Microsoft Edge Problems

Reaction score
I have Windows 10 Pro, and for quite some time, when I wanted to use Microsoft Edge, it kept coming up with the message "uhmm can't reach that page". The only way I could check my Outlook Mail, was by the use of FireFox Browser. I had looked up the internet for this problem, a large number of ideas were quite complicated.
Now somehow or other, it has fixed itself, so that the message is no longer showing, However the Opening page of Microsoft Edge, is showing News, but, all the items listed have a Black Square instead of a colored picture, and only showing the Headlines. I have tried Repair, Reset, and Troubleshooter, without any success.
Would appreciate any help in fixing this.

Regedit32

Reaction score
You might want to verify your Graphics drivers are stable:
  • Type Device Manager into the Cortana search field and press Enter
  • Expand the Display Adapters
  • Right-click on your Display adapter and select Properties
  • Select the Driver tab

Here you can verify the driver version and date. If Windows has updated the driver recently, you can select Roll Back Driver to return to a driver you know was working OK.

Alternately, you could check whether there is a newer driver to update to.
Another possibility, is that your HDMI cable is damaged and needs replacing.

If neither of these are the issue, then keep in mind that January 15, 2020 is when Microsoft will be rolling out the new Chromium based version of Edge, and this might well resolve your issue then.

The only other thing that comes to mind that may explain the connection issue to a certain webpage, and possibly why some images will not load, is that your Edge browser has had Proxy settings turned on. You can verify if this is the case, by:
  • Opening Edge
  • Click the more icon in the top right corner ( . . . )
  • Select Settings
  • On the left select Advanced
  • On the right click Open Proxy Settings

Check here that proxy settings is not toggled on. If it is, then toggle it to off.
Regards,

Regedit32

Reaction score
Thank you Regedit32, I am sorry that I took so long in coming back, however I did all the suggestions that you made, and I do appreciate your help, but none of the ideas made any difference.
As you have advised me that a new version of Edge will be rolled out on January 15, 2020, I will be quite happy to wait, it is less than a month away, and I can get my outlook mail through Firefox even though it is not as good as getting it through Microsoft Edge. You help was much appreciated.

Reaction score
Thank you Dave, I have now installed the Beta version of Microsoft Edge, and all is working fine. It certainly makes life easier. Hope you are having a lovely Christmas, also Best Wishes for 2020

Ask a Question