Microsoft pledged to increased transparency and user control over data

Reaction score
Companies have been feeling justified pressure from individuals concerning data collection and usage, especially when users themselves have limited control over the data generated from them. This includes Microsoft, one of the tech world's largest companies.
In a post by Microsoft's Corporate Vice President and Deputy General Counsel Julie Brill, the company laid out its plans to further let customers manage their data when using some of Microsoft's flagship products such as Small Windows 10 icon Windows 10and Small Bing icon Bing.

Source: alternative to

maybe microsoft is finally getting on the ball about their terrible privacy issues. a small step in the right direction. still not the best company imho.

Reaction score
Another reason not to use MS Cloud as you give them the freedom to read your private data once uploaded to their server!. :mad:

Reaction score
thats what i was thinking too..if i saved data using their cloud storage, never know, they could be spying on me without knowledge..imo, i never trust nor rely on cloud storage for anything. everything is backed up on external HDD.

Reaction score
Another point is what, if the server crashes?, all data may be lost if people don't have their own backups!. :rolleyes:

Reaction score
thats what i was thinking too..if i saved data using their cloud storage, never know, they could be spying on me without knowledge..imo, i never trust nor rely on cloud storage for anything. everything is backed up on external HDD.
Not disagreeing. I don't use the cloud for anything. But, I can assure you, for the average user, hackers and/or spies, and, in particular, Microsoft, do not need the cloud storage to see what you are up to

Ask a Question