Laptop dead zone

Reaction score
On my laptop I seem to have a dead zone at the bottom of the page. Instead of the cursor I get a spinning circle, and the mouse doesn't work. It's not a large area, but it is annoying. Any idea what could be causing it? It seems to occur no matter what website I'm on. The laptop has Windows 11 and I'm using a wireless mouse instead of the pad.

Reaction score
My guess is it is happening on the Desktop. The Desktop is not a page, it is a Dynamic display of various things, not Static like a picture on the wall. I've seen that happen a few times when a program has tried to open but doesn't, rebooting usually works if right-click of a blank area on the Desktop and Refresh doesn't. Might also right-click the Start button and choose Task Manager and see what is running in the top section of the left column.

Since you say it's on Win11 probably should have posted there. Link at the bottom of the pages here.

Reaction score
I did reboot, but that didn't seem to help. When it happened earlier, there seemed to be an extra window open on the bar that didn't show at the top. Closing that helped, but I'm not seeing any of that now. Clicking either right or left on the dead spot produced no response at all. The task manager idea sounds promising.

Ask a Question