SOLVED Win10 Power Saving Mode now PC is dead. PC, not Laptop.

Reaction score
Please note I am currently not contactable by Email due to dead Email PC.

As you probably all know there are 3 options at Win10 closedown :- Restart, Turn Off, & Powersaving.
Usually I let the PC go into sleep mode on its own, but yesterday for some reason I clicked Powersaving.
Some orange (warning?) messages popped up but disapeared in miliseconds as the PC went into Powersaving Mode.

Today I went to start the PC, clicked on a mouse button & got the usual red, yellow & green neon lights (It's a Bloody mouse) but nothing else happened.
I waited about a minute & pressed a keyboard button. The keyboard backlighting came on but again, nothing else happened.
Another minute wait & pressed the start button - Nothing.
Held start button down - Nothing.
Turned PC off & on at PSU switch - Nothing.
Turned PC back off at PSU switch & waited a minute before turning back on - Nothing.
Removed powercable etc - Nothing.
Checked all contacts from PSU - Nothing.
Now I don't even have the Mouse or Keybard lights.

PC seems to be dead.
No movement or sound inside at all.

Please do not tell me to go into battery mode - It's a PC NOT a laptop.
PLease don't tell me to change some setting - I can't change any settings as I can't even get as far as the POST let alone the BIOS.
What can I try?
Many thanks in advance for any ideas/solutions.

Reaction score
Welcome aboard, Robert.

With the PC turned off, unplug the power cord. Hold the power button down for sixty seconds. Plug it in and see if that helps.

If it doesn't work, come back and we'll try again.

Reaction score
No change.
There is a tiny green light on the bottom right of the MoBo.
That's the only thing which truns on when I turn the power on.
I was wondering if it's something silly, like the start button not working properly, but it's kind of impossible to reach.

Reaction score
That green light is a warning that even if your PC is turned off at the switch there is still power to the mobo so not to remove or add memory or expansion cards.

So the PSU is providing power to the mobo when you turn it on but nothing else is happening. I have never seen that. BUt it may be that only some of the power connections are working.

Reaction score
If you are actually showing a "Power Saving" mode, since it is not normally an option, where is it coming from?

Do you have a Sleep mode available?

Sleep modes are associated with a video driver, what type of video configuration do you have?

Reaction score
Tried the suggestion above with the PSU + Power-Button
Removed & cleaned the start button panel.
Tried taking the Graphic Card out.
Tried taking out the RAM modules one at a time.
Tried unplugging the Disk Drive...
Tried disconnecting the WAN

Could still try taking out the SSD & the HDD, but they're hard to get out.

It just strikes me as odd that it dies after hittting the Stand-By - Sleep - Power-Saving mode.

Reaction score
If you are actually showing a "Power Saving" mode, since it is not normally an option, where is it coming from?

Do you have a Sleep mode available?

Sleep modes are associated with a video driver, what type of video configuration do you have?

I'm translating from German so it could be Power-Saving or Sleep or...
It's the top alternative of three, above Reboot & Herunterfahren (Turn Off).

It's An Nvidia GTX 770.
The drivers updated last week.
I can't say exactly which version of the driver because the PC won't boot :p

Reaction score
Here is the spec as far as I can tell:

Intel i7-3770
ASUS P8H77-M - (LGA 1155)
16 GB RAM (DDR 3?)
Samsung 128GB SSD
Seagate 1000GB HDD
NVidia GTX 770

Reaction score
Are there any LED indications on the motherboard before or during an attempted power up? The newer motherboards with have leds for certain parts such as the memory and boot drive which may be red or green. Some systems have the digital readouts for problem solving...

Reaction score
The may be a Standby Power LED (Green) which is supposed to indicate if the system is On, Sleep or Soft Off mode...is it off?

Edit: I see where you say the light is the only one on. Is it on steady or blinking. But, as mentioned, it is supposed to alert you to the fact power is on the motherboard, which includes some of the PCI slots. I never mess with my board if such a light is on.

You might also try removing the Nvidia card and using the Intel video. I know you said you reseated it but you might try without it.

Do you use the CPU Boost or EPU switches?

Last edited:
Reaction score
You know those moments of incredulity when suddenly something happens for an unbelievable reason you would never have expected?

I cleaned the USB ports with a contact spray
& then...
It started like there had never been a problem...

Thanks for all your help guys. <3 :)

Ask a Question