LEXMArk 364DN Printer/Scanner

Reaction score
About 5 months ago I had a problem with my laptop that required the reinstallation of Windows 10. I reinstalled the Lexmark X364DN drivers and got the printer working. I cannot get the scanner to function properly. (Prior to the reinstallation of windows the Lexmark 364DN printer/Scanner worked perfectly). I have not been able to get the scanner to function properly after reloading the Lexmark drivers from the Lexmark support website.. No doubt it is a Windows 10 issue (probably due to updates). I have spent the last 4 months on and off the phone to Lexmark support desk (I have wasted about 35 hours and have still got no success.

Can anyone help me. I am beside myself after wasting so much time with Lexmark support personal who have little idea and have not been able to assist.

John

Reaction score
Hi John,

when you look in Control Panel > Devices & Printers, does your scanner show up there and of so, is it set as default?. :) If it does, have you checked to make sure that your Lexmark software has control and not MS software?. :) Right click the scanner if shown and then on "Properties". ;)

Reaction score
The printer works fine. Its the scanner which is not functioning properly. That is it will not scan using the automatic feeder.

Reaction score
What I meant was is the printer showing as default with the Lexmark software and not as something like MS docs?. ;)

Reaction score
The printer is working fine. I just cannot get the scanner to function. It must be a Windows 10 issue. The scanner was functioning some 4 months or so ago.
Has anyone been able to resolve Lexmark scanner issues on Windows 10. Is there any point trying to get assistance from Microsoft?

John

Reaction score
I have read somewhere that to get the Lexmark x364 printer to operate on Windows 10 install the drivers for Windows 7 or 8 from Lexmark. Anyone got any comment on this?

John

Ask a Question