Live mail tells me my setting are out of date....

Reaction score
My live mail (outlook.com) tells me my 'settings are out of date'. Previously (before latest update) I went fix and it would be ok for a short time but now it comes up with message

Something went wrong. Sorry we are unable to do that. Error code 0x80070525.

Someone suggested I try adding another user - guess what... I got the exact same message.
This is literally driving me nuts and I beleive i am not the only user with this problem. Can anyone help please.
PS I am happy with Win 10 but support appears to be not high on MS agenda

Reaction score
Open the settings and work through them. Make sure all are still applicable/valid.

Reaction score
Open the settings and work through them. Make sure all are still applicable/valid.
Dave - been there, done that !! The only thing I can change on my account is my password. As I said I cannot even create another user...

Reaction score
? I can edit pretty much any of these:

Untitled.png

Reaction score
Ok Dave - so can I , but sorry it does not change my situation I am afraid. Surely I should be able to create another user without problems ?

Reaction score
Well, sorry, but that makes sense to me. You can create another account, of course, but two users on the same account would be an "in house" agreement.
But try deleting your Email account and putting it back in again.

Ask a Question