Lost display in Win 10

Reaction score
I'm posting from my iPad (at least it's still working), I upgraded to Win 10 from 8.2 pro on my PC last night. The display was out of shape and the OS didn't recognise my LG ISP 27 inch LED monitor or allow me to set a display that fitted the screen. The text under the desktop icons was illegible, I checked device manager and found that the OS had chosen a generic non pnp monitor 32bit driver for my 64bit system. For the last 3 hours there has been no display at all, black screen, sometimes with a curser. I hot restarted, turned power off at the wall and tried the Control-Alt-delete, nothing works. WTF!!! Microsoft, get this right please.

Last edited:
Reaction score
I'm posting from my iPad (at least it's still working), I upgraded to Win 10 from 8.2 pro on my PC last night. The display was out of shape and the OS didn't recognise my LG ISP 27 inch LED monitor or allow me to set a display that fitted the screen. The text under the desktop icons was illegible, I checked device manager and found that the OS had chosen a generic non pnp monitor 32bit driver for my 64bit system. For the last 3 hours there has been no display at all, black screen, sometimes with a curser. I hot restarted, turned power off at the wall and tried the Alt-delete-cancel, nothing works. WTF!!! Microsoft, get this right please.

Ask a Question