MBR to GPT

Reaction score
I have been wondering about this a long time. First of all I very often boot from USB pendrive which is practically impossible if I go with UEFI boot mode. I also use Boot It Bare Metal from Terabyteunlimited. This allows me unlimited primary partitions and choice of which one to boot from AND which partitions / volumes to hide - unhide with specific choice of boot partition. Thirdly why come up with or design a partitioning system that will be a major PITA as a boot disk ? Isn't that one of the main reasons to have hard drive on your PCs?

BTW I do not shutdown / reboot my machine every time I want to power down. I hibernate and restore. It takes no more than say 15-20 seconds in either direction.

I reboot only when Windows update requires it OR on weekends when I create a Ghost Image of the boot partition. I also live alone and there is always plenty to do around the house. So it does not really matter how long it takes for multiple reboots that may be required for windows update process or for the Ghost image to be created.

Reaction score
One reason why I'm not using GPT. I've not paid for some of the GPT features of partitioning software. I converted to GPT RAID volume once and ran into issues. I had to erase the whole volume to convert back to MBR. After that I decided to just stay with MBR. One day I will be forced to go GPT. But for now I'm happy on MBR.

TLDR: If GPT is going to include a royalty fee for usage, I can wait.
A Royalty fee to use, (duh), and you have not paid for features, (DUH), from what I have read GPT is safer than MBR, and faster, and comes FREE with any version of Windows.

Reaction score
and comes FREE with any version of Windows.
Not the feature I was needing to convert back to MBR without deleting the whole disk. Windows didn't support it at all. And all the freeware I looked up required the paid version to unlock. The headache I encountered will slow my adoption. You can look down on me if you wish, I don't care.

Reaction score
No never, why should i look down on you, ea of us to our own. it really is easy enough to convert, from MBR and GPT, many 3d party programs will do, or you can do your self.
FREE always works for me..
Free convert disk to GPT via partition manager (Without Data Loss)
The first two free MBR to GPT converting tools require you to delete every existing partition on the MBR disk, which will cause data loss. If you want to convert MBR to GPT without deleting volume and losing data, the free parition manager-AOMEI Partition Assistant Standard can satisfy your requirements best.

It is not only a free MBR to GPT converter, but also a free GPT to MBR converter. Therefore, no matter you want to convert MBR to GPT, or GPT to MBR in Windows 10/8/7, it can ensure a successful conversion with keeping all partitions safe in the target disk.

just one (No Data Loss)

many also boot from WinPE and convert that way.

you can also try this. DL then burn to a USB then boot to and the Program can be found here, plus many others.

Reaction score
If it is a MAK key and you register it with MS Account. Who cares if Legit, cause I know many Business that buy MAKs then sell for a reasonable amt. My Office MAK key still has 4000 plus
1589482596101.png

No i have none for sale. but then 152,000 $ would be nice. :cool:

Reaction score
I use MiniToolPartition on all my stuff, and all my clients, "CaveMan Easy". Trying just makes things worse.
Never loss any Data - with MTP.

Ask a Question