Misplaced incoming mail

Reaction score
In Outlook, mail goes to "Archive" and not "Inbox". Not a huge problem, just annoying.

Reaction score
Is this with all emails? If so I would check for any mail rules or settings which may have been set which archives emails immediately.

Reaction score
this with all emails? If so I would check for any mail rules or settings which may have been set which archives emails immediately.

All emails. I did not deliberately change any settings. One day it just switched. I am not a computer expert so I am not sure how to undo whatever I did.

Reaction score
If the problem just happened without your changing any settings/without your knowledge then it may be difficult to find the setting/s which were changed.
I would try the suggestion to see if there are any rules/filters set up to move all messages to Archive.

Reaction score
Thank you for sending me in the right direction. I struggled a bit but somehow I fell into the solution. I hope it never happens again because I doubt I could duplicate the fix. Again, thank you.

Reaction score
You’re welcome.
You may wish to consider disk imaging software like Macrium Reflect free in case of future problems, you would then just need to roll back to a previously create image to fix the problem.

Ask a Question