SOLVED Missing graphics

Reaction score
Hi, I'm using Word 2010, on my old laptop (originally Windows 7, currently Windows 11 - but that won't last long as the laptop cannot run W11 - I was on the Insider and got an early upgrade). I have a "Perennial Diary", which I have cobbled together over the last few years. It has worked well. However, suddenly some of the graphics are missing on-screen. But if I print the page, the graphics are all there! Is this related to W11 and will all be well once I go back to W10? The graphics do appear if I go to "Full Screen Reading". Any ideas how I might get my graphics back? I have attached a pic of the screen, with missing lines, etc. but below is the printout of the same page, complete with lines.

Attachments

• Missing graphics.jpg
    Missing graphics.jpg
    130.6 KB · Views: 46
Reaction score
i could not tell because of the picture. so i think you should join different insider ring like the slow ring. one that has been debugged well.

Reaction score
Thank you for your reply. I should have done that.
As for my issue, I believe I have misled you completely - I do not think this is related to W11. I believe I had found a way of adjusting the Word Template to have pictures in different positions. I do not recall how I did it (I'm old - memory is pretty bad)! Wish I could undo it!

Reaction score
Just go through all the settings. Or factory reset word but I think you will have to edit the registry.(google search it)

Reaction score
I think I am getting somewhere. My issue is (I think) nothing to do with W11. I seem to have messed around with the settings to all documents. However, my issue is only with the "Print Layout" - which is how I normally work. If I view the file "Full screen", then all graphics are in place.

Attachments

• Full screen view.jpg
    Full screen view.jpg
    123 KB · Views: 29
  • Print layout.jpg
    Print layout.jpg
    92 KB · Views: 32
Reaction score
Got there, finally. I had put a tick in "Picture Placeholders" (File/Options/Advanced) - I must have thought it sounded like a good idea at the time. Once I unticked it, the pictures appeared.

Ask a Question