Missing AMD graphics

Reaction score
Dell laptop Inspiron 17R.
I used two have to graphic drivers. The Intel HD Graphics 400 and the AMD (something).
Now I just have the Intel.
I was hoping somebody had some info on what might have happened,or if it was possible to get it back.
The computer crashed about a month ago and I did a complete reinstall. Or may it wasn't such a complete reinstall after all.

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
Generally speaking, if you've done a clean install of Windows 10 and there are no missing drivers shown in Device Manager, then I'd keep things as they are. Windows is very good at finding the drivers it needs and keeping them updated. However, this may mean that you're missing some of the system tray apps that are sometimes bundled with the official driver packages (I don't use them, so I don't miss them).

If you'd like these back, you can enter your service tag (on the base of your laptop) in to the Dell Support site and it'll direct you to all of the drivers applicable to your specific laptop:

Here's a link to the Israeli Dell drivers page: http://www.dell.com/support/home/il/en/ilbsdt1

Reaction score
Does your sound work? The AMD something could have been the AMD HD Audio drivers. That might be what is missing. Without knowing your system specs I am just guessing.

Ask a Question