User Account Missing?

Reaction score
Hello, I am on Windows 10, and I performed a Windows Update, and then after the computer restarted, my user account was empty, all my personal files are gone, nothing in the documents, desktop, downloads. It appears my user account is now missing. I performed a system restore, but it only recovered a small amount of files. I used a data recovery software, but it only recovered very old files, not recent ones.

What is the cause of this issue? Where are my files? Was my user account deleted? How do I recover my files? If I need to recover a missing user account, how do I do that? There are no more System Restore Points left to use. There is no need to suggest using a Windows Image Restore, I would have already used that. Thank you.

Reaction score
If C:\Users\[your user name] is missing, then the account is gone. No idea what would cause that to happen. Obviously something went wrong with the update. That's the second one posted here in the last week though.

Ask a Question