Missing Network adapter help!

Reaction score
Hi I have a big problem here I hve searched everywhere done everything but nothing works so I really need help. I accidently uninstalled my Network adapter because I hade a problem with it (I unibstalled it when the Network adapter didn't work)(the network adapter was in the Show Hidden Devices setting). I have literally done everything I have even hard reseted my computer and updated my Bios and nothing of it worked. I have done every trick I can find on the internet and nothing of it works so please I would really like some help.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reaction score
Hi Alpharobster,

Windows start menu, search for System Info. :)

1592290255968.png

Reaction score
Are you saying you no longer have an internet connection on that particular computer..or…?
If it was compatible, or a working adapter, there is no way irt would be in "hidden" devices. Presumably you are looking in the Control panel?

Reaction score
Are you saying you no longer have an internet connection on that particular computer..or…?
If it was compatible, or a working adapter, there is no way irt would be in "hidden" devices. Presumably you are looking in the Control panel?
Yes I don't have any internet connection on that Pc now and no I am 100% looking in the device manager

Reaction score
tell us the make and model of your computer then we can search for drivers that you could download and solve the problem!. :)

Reaction score
tell us the make and model of your computer then we can search for drivers that you could download and solve the problem!. :)
I will just write down everything because I don’t know which one it is.

OS Name: Microsoft windows 10 pro

Version: 10.0.18363 Build 18363

Other OS Description: Not Available

OS Manufacturer: Microsoft Corporation

System Name: DESKTOP-VOG1TR6

System Manufacturer: System manufacturer

System Model: System Product Name

System Type: x64-based PC

System SKU: SKUE

Processor: AMD Ryzen 5 2600 Six-Core Processor, 3400 Mhz, 6 Core(s), 12 Logical proce....

BIOS Version/Date: American Megatrends Inc, 3003, 2019-12-09

SMBIOS Version: 3,2

Embedded Controller Version: 255.255

BIOS Mode: Legacy

BaseBoard Manufacturer: ASUSTeK COMPUTER INC.

BaseBoard Product: ROG STRIX B450-F GAMING

BaseBoard Version: Rev 1.xx

Platform Role: Desktop

Secure Boot State: Unsopperted

PCR7 Configuration: Binding Not Possible

Windows Directory: C:\WINDOWS

System Directory: C:\WINDOWS\system32

Boot Device: \Device\HarddiskVolume1

Locale: United States

Hardware Abstraction Layer: Version = ”10.0.18362.752”

User Name: DESKTOP-VOG1TR6\Robin

Time Zone: Pacific Daylight Time

Installed Physical Memory (RAM): 16,0 GB

Total Physical Memory: 15,9 GB

Available Physical Memory: 14,0 GB

Total Virtual Memory: 18,8 GB

Available Virtual Memory: 15,7 GB

Page File Space: 2,88 GB

Page File: C:\pagefile.sys

Kernel DMA Protection: Off

Virtualization-based security: Not Enabled

Device Enceyption Support: Reason for failed automatic device encryption: TPM is not usable, PCR7 Bindi...

Hyper-V - VM Monitor Mode E...: Yes
Hyper-V - Second Level Adres...: Yes
Hyper-V - Virtualization Enable...: No
Hyper-V - Data Execution Prote...: Yes

Reaction score
Go here ROG STRIX B450-F GAMING and click support and then drivers and select OS bit type and then select LAN and download and install it.

While you're in there....update any other driver as needed.

Already done this but it doesn't work. I open the file then extract it then I click AsusSetup and then I click Yes then after that nothing happends not a single difference

Reaction score
Reaction score
Reaction score
Have you tried resetting BIOS if you did any overclocking which may cause a problem?. That is where I would start and work my way forwards!. :)

Also, if you can get a Live copy of a Linux distribution, you can test your computer hardware in Live mode and see if everything works including your network adapter!.

A link for you to view (one of many on YT). :)

Reaction score
You have already said you have tried all the available tricks. Did it include this one:
Right click the Start button. Select the Command Prompt (Admin) from the list,

Type the following command: netcfg -d.

Thiswill reset the network settings and reinstall all the network adapters., reboot your computer. It should scan whilst rebooting, for new hardware, and see if the adapter is there again..

Ask a Question