Missing Microsoft Visual C++ 2017 x64 Minimum Runtime ?

Reaction score
Try to install GeForce Experience .. hit error that tells me a resource is not available?
and I am missing Microsoft Visual C++ 2017 x64 Minimum Runtime 14.13.26020 ?
Try to install Visual C++ 2015, 2017 & 2019 x64 Min Runtime (the latest)
Says can't find vc_runtimeMinimum_x64.msi ?
When I manually point it to this file (in another path)
It then says not a valid install package for a different 2015 version ?
When I try to install 2015 (latest version separately) it says
another version is already installed and can't install
unistalling .. and then reinstalling 2015 .. results in another error
Error 1714. The older version of Microsoft Visual C++ 2015 x64 Minimum Runtime 14.0.24215 cannot be removed .. Contact your Technical Support Group ?

This rabbit hole just keeps getting deeper and deeper with no end in sight !
Feeling like only way to resolve is to blow away and start over

Any Ideas ?

Reaction score
Hi TB,

you don't mention what version of Win 10 you have, an upgrade (if necessary) may fix the problem?. ;)

Reaction score
I have use for visual c in the pST. I did encounter difficulties with using different and out of date versions. This was normally due to different paths in older Windows releases.
The easiest, and laziest way I found in the end, was to use this ready mad tool. It does a complete uninstall and reinstall of all versions. Just keep in mind, however, that , as always, that this is a third party program and there can be risks. Make a backup of your computer first.

Reaction score
Nothing fixed this issue .. finally gave up and just rebuilt the o/s from scratch again and now everything is good again

Just sucks we have to go thru this

Reaction score
I had the exact same problem that's why i'm trying to help all those mates that run into this problem. I found the solution elsewhere. It said to
Fix problems that block programs from being installed or removed
https://support.microsoft.com/en-us...hat-block-programs-being-installed-or-removed
download troubleshooter button on the link.
Run it - choose option - have problem with installing - it lists programs - choose the missing / problematic visual c++ runtimes in the list
it will run and get fixed.
Repeat for each visual c++ you having problems with. I ran the program multiple times.

Ask a Question