Moving windows accross screens with dual monitors

Reaction score
Is there a way to get rid of the feature that means that i have to move my mouse quite drastically to get a window from one screen to the next?

With windows 10 they have given us the ability to snap a window to a side, that's great but when i want to move it to the other screen, its gets irritating, how do i get around this? I just want to disable the snapping of windows when my mouse goes near the middle of my two monitors, it was good on windows 7. I hope i have explained this correctly, its quite difficult mind.

All comments appreciated, thanks.

Reaction score
Yep I know what you mean. I too have had this irritation, but have for the most part decided to live with it. I've chosen to use the [Win Key + Arrow Keys] for window placement across dual monitors.

However if you want to turn this feature off, you will likely need to change the Snap feature settings. There is a option for "Arrange windows automatically by dragging them to the sides or corners of the screen" that may need to be turned off to stop what you describe (I haven't tried it myself). Look under [Settings > System > Multitasking] for the available option.

Edit: I just noticed this turns the snap feature completely off. So there is no negotiating the options. You either live with it or turn snap off.

Ask a Question