My apology to members for giving you the wrong information.

Reaction score
All those time my insistence that "Insider Preview HAS to be installed over a qualifying Windows in order to get a free upgrade" has been shot to oblivion.

I was wrong and I apologize to all members.

Today I read this Blog and at the end of the article, it says this.......
Thank you to our Windows Insiders for helping us build Windows 10. If you’re a Windows Insider and running build 10240 – you already have the Windows 10 we are making available today. All you need to do is check Windows Update and make sure you have all the final updates. If you didn’t upgrade to the latest build as a Windows Insider, you can upgrade here. The Windows Insider Program will continue, and we will have more details to share soon about the next wave of the program.

So, I have been dual booting Win 8.1 .1 Pro with Insider Preview ( build 10240) installed in a clean partition . I thought my Insider Preview would not get the free upgrade.
Today I have 2 Windows 10 in the system.
One from Win 8.1 and one from Insider Preview.

Reaction score
If I have read and understood correctly the Insider Preview install will update and continue to operate as long as you agree to beta test new updates, etc. This means of course that you are subject to buggy pre-release stuff that could stuff up your system but it's the price you pay to keep using the preview. If you opt out of the insider program your Win 10 install will no longer update and will expire and die. Upgrading your 8.1 installation to the free Win 10 version will not require you to continue the insider program.

Reaction score
Greetings davidhk129... long time no see! My bad! Been messing with Android a LOT and enjoying it on my LG G3.

:cool:

Ask a Question