SOLVED Members online.

Reaction score
Hi.
Until today if I scrolled to the bottom of the 'Home' page it would tell me the members,guests online and latest member etc. Also a list of the latest threads.
This is no longer there!

Is it just me or a forum glitch?

Last edited:

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
Hi ScrumpyJoe,

I noticed that the load time for mobile users was relatively high, so I edited the CSS to remove the sidebar when the forum is at narrow widths. Technically, it'll also remove it on PCs when the browser window is narrow.

Are you viewing the forum on a mobile/tablet or is it on a PC with a narrow screen?

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
Ah yes, that explains it then. As the sidebar added so much on to the load time for mobile guests, it made sense to remove it - although I can see that it's less than ideal in some cases. We've got a sidebar ad for guest users which was adding up to 400kb of data on to each page load, so it had to go to make sure people don't use up loads of mobile data trying to access the site for help.

Here's a link that'll show you users online, although I guess it's not much of a workaround:
https://www.windows10forums.com/online/

Reaction score
Ok, no big deal.
It was just useful to see if there was anyone online when posting a question.

I always use Wi-Fi so don't worry about data usage, but can understand why others might.

Thanks for the link, it works fine. But how do I access that from the Home page?

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
There's not a direct link from the homepage, but you can click Members > Current Visitors and it'll take you right there :).

Reaction score
This does it for me (when interested). Click the large blue forum at the top of the page:

Forum.PNG

and it is over on the right.

Capture.PNG

Reaction score
Now another problem. I am trying to mark this as solved but the blue box disappears before I can click on it!

Reaction score
I realise the thread is closed, but, have you tried clicking "members" and then "current visitors"?

Ask a Question