SOLVED Dism /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth ?

Bif

Reaction score
I thought just for sh*** and giggles Id run these DISM checks/scans and after the two, the DISM logs showed multiple "Warnings" all of which were identical as the one I posted below.
I've never run the Restore Health thingamabob before so I'm a little reluctant just in case it buggers something else up..(not that MS ever does that).
Can someone let me know if this is safe to use? anything I should be concerned about when running it? will this "repair" the posted "warning" that is in the log? and if so is this "warning" anything to be worried about/ and could this warning be the cause of the update to Fall Creators woes?
Sorry for all of the questions, but I know better than just start clicking!

2017-10-23 11:50:06, Warning DISM DISM Provider Store: PID=7060 TID=712 Failed to Load the provider: C:\Users\db\AppData\Local\Temp\49AD303D-5CE1-4AD3-8A50-CFFE2A674070\PEProvider.dll. - CDISMProviderStore::Internal_GetProvider(hr:0x8007007e)

Reaction score
Bif Reading the log, It appears to me (novice) that you obtained the ISO from the catalog?
As you mentioned in another post, maybe it's best to wait until it comes through through the MS snail mail. Patience with MS is they Key. "Goodbye frustration, hello Microsoft. ;)

Reaction score
Something I just found.
Please try to run the following command " Dism /Online /Cleanup-Image /StartComponentCleanup " command in an elevated Command Prompt window before " Dism /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth ". This should help fix the remaining components and fix the corrupted files as well.

I would suggest as well a clean boot to ensure your PC is still running properly. Please refer to this guide provided by Microsoft via https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/929135

http://www.tomshardware.com/forum/id-2784498/dism-cbs-errors.html

Bif

Reaction score
Thanks Norton!..all are pointing to your suggestion of waiting for the snail mail offering..that is what's trying to be proactive and taking the MS bull by the horns gets me..lesson learned, will wait my turn!
An early Christmas present, or perhaps a lump of coal:rolleyes:

Bif

Reaction score
I think it will be Trick or Treat for you. Hoping its the latter. :)
2017-10-23_15-03-43-650.jpg

Ask a Question