Just completed 1511 install has corruption according to DISM checks

Reaction score
Hey Folks,
This is my first post after joining, so please pardon any etiquette issues.

I have just done a clean install of Windows Pro 1511from usb flash drive, choosing advanced option, deleting all partitions on hard drive.

After install, when I checked the image before doing image backup, DISM /CheckHealth shows no corruption, but when I run /ScanHealth it reports that the component store is repairable. Shouldn't this also show the "No component store corruption detected" message.
The logs have some warnings, but no errors.

Windows downloaded some updates for my GPU and Defender. Also, 1511 updates (KB3116278 and KB3135173) as well Adobe Flash player update KB3135782.

X64, Dskchk shows no hard drive issues at all (no Bad sectors).

I have installed no programs or run anything other than Windows update. Why would the Dism command say the component store is repairable instead of showing no corruption.

This is a second attempt after doing clean install, new partion, that had issues with Defender and Norton SWB not playing nice with each other. I went through checkhealth, scanhealth, and restorehealth, but restorehealth was not able to run successfully.

I started over and this time installed no software, other than what Microsoft Update installed, and still the ScanHealth option does not say no corruption detected.

Does this make sense?

Reaction score
Some of those utilities give messages which might be misleading.

The normal process is to run the System File checker. If that shows errors you run the RestoreHealth option from DISM.

The SFC will show errors which will not effect your system. Some metadata may disagree from what the SFC expects, but the system works normally. Some files are known problem causers and if you check the log for SFC and see that particular file/s it should not concern you.

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
I agree with Saltgrass.
I suspect because of the many, many updates currently going on with Windows 10, several addressing One Core that perhaps the native utilities the you might rely on for information may not in every case be providing accurate information.
I think, unless my computer was exhibiting some symptoms of problems and after running the native System File Checker which in turn showed no integrity violations, I probably wouldn't concern myself overly much with information provided by DISM at this stage of the game.
I remember in some of the earlier previews of Windows 10 that some of the functions of DISM were unreliable or wouldn't work at all.
I believe I'll wait until such time as things become a little more stable with respect to cumulative updates to assess the accuracy of results from DISM. Maybe when I'm absolutely convinced that the version of DISM has caught up with the current version of Windows 10 build.

Ask a Question