Toshiba Blu Ray Not working after update from 1511 to 1607

AGB

Reaction score
Not sure if this is the right place to put this thread: Sorry
My daughter has a Toshiba Satellite S75 B7122 Laptop with Windows 10 Pro, If that makes any difference or not between HP or Pro. I had to do a forced update from 1511 - 1607 build 14393 693 after months of not doing one. After the update the Toshiba Blu Ray Disc player won't play either DVD or Blu Ray. I get a message: Exception Processing Massage 0x00007b parameters 0x7ff8430a1d28 0xfffffffc0000428 0x7ff8430a1d28 0x7ff8430a1d28. I googled the message and it was suggested to run the update trouble shooter but it didn't find any problems. The next suggestion was to start in Safe Mode to see if it would work. No Luck there either. Toshiba Support wasn't any help either. (What A Joke That Is). Is there any suggestions someone might have. Right now my daughter isn't a Happy Camper. She told me I should have left it alone. Thanks

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
Open Device Manager....
Is the Optical Drive shown there?
Do you note any items in Device Manager that are indicating a problem (usually there'll be a trouble icon associated with a problem device).

My go to solution is to uninstall the device from device manager and reboot the system to see if that might resolve anything.

AGB

Reaction score
The first thing I did was to check for the trouble icon and there wasn't any. I will have to try the uninstall of the driver and reboot to see if that takes care of it. For a temporary fix I installed the VLC DVD Player and installed the AACS updater and that seems to work. But My daughter wants to see if I can get the Toshiba Player to work. Thanks for the response.

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
It's possible that the software "Toshiba Blu Ray Disc player" may not be compatible with the latest version of Windows 10.
I thought based on your errors that the problem was with the physical device, but......
Apparently it is with the Toshiba provided software for playing DVD / BDs
VLC is my player of choice as it seems to work on just about everything, but.....
Some people seem to like this one as well
https://potplayer.daum.net/
Perhaps she will as well.
At least until Toshiba upgrades their proprietary software. Have you checked with them to see if they perhaps have a newer version of their player?

AGB

Reaction score
I did uninstall and rebooted and it seems to work but at first it had all this pixelized distortion. When I ran the DVDFab Passkey then it was alright. The only problem was when I exited I got this following message: "Exception Processing Message 0x000007b Parameters 0x7ff8430a1d28 0xfffffffc0000428 0x7ff8430a1d28 0x7ff8430a1d28". It does it whether it plays DVD or Blu Ray. The only difference is when I play DVD it doesn't pixelize.

Ask a Question