SOLVED Windows 10 V 1511 not upgrading to V 1607

AGB

Reaction score
I have a Toshiba Satellite L755 with Windows 10 Upgraded from Windows 7 SP2 HP.The upgrades have worked up to Version 1511 OS Build 10586.713. From that point on the upgrades haven’t worked even when the anniversary update was released. I have tried to do it manually several times using the MediaCreationTool.exe on that Laptop and by making a USB to install from for another computer. When it runs it seems to go thru the whole process and finishes but when I reboot and check it, it still shows Version 1511. I have googled and tried all suggestions and still nothing. Any other work arounds besides starting from scratch.

AGB

Reaction score
I used the Link and it worked. Thanks. Side Note: It took from 5:30PM till 2:AM to do it. I think it has to do with the fact that We had Brighthouse cable and was purchased by Spectrum. We could keep Brighthouse package because we were grandfathered in and It used to be about 20 MBPS and had no problems. I think Spectrum is slowing things down periodically to try to get us to purchased there cable packages with faster internet. Faster internet is nice but the packages are basically set up to get the most expensive one to get what you want but also get a bunch of channels I will never use.
thanks again.

Reaction score
GREAT ! ! ! !

I am glad it worked out for you. Don't worry about your Internet speed. Even with my 50MBPS it take occasionally several hours to finish. I just simply let it run its course and good is.....

I checked with your provider and they have prices that are not too bad. I pay more (all inclusive -Taxes/fees- I pay $142/mth) for my service (50/50 Internet, Phone service AND HDTV programming incl DVR service)

Ask a Question