Update error 80073712 - Cumulative Update for Windows 10 Version 1511 for x64-based Systems (KB31242

Reaction score
Please help

Have bought my daughter a fairly new Toshiba Satellite NB10A for her BYOD and have spent the last two days trying to update the above. She keeps getting a blue screen error (in the middle of doing anything!) that the PC ran into a problem and needs to restart. It collects error info then restarts itself. Suggests online help for error: WHEA UNCORRECTABLE ERROR - which tells me to make sure all the Windows updates are up to date....grrrr!!!

I have reset computer several times (without removing files through Recovery) so now I can't revert back to Windows 8.1.

School starts in just over a week and I don't have a workable device for my daughter :-(

Reaction score
The error seems to indicate what is shown below.

ERROR_SXS_COMPONENT_STORE_CORRUPT
14098 (0x3712)
The component store has been corrupted.

You might trying opening an Administrative command prompt and typing the command below. Give it time to finish.

DISM /online /cleanup-image /restorehealth

Ask a Question