SOLVED Update error...rrrrr

Bif

Reaction score
Hi all, been out of the forum loop for a bit and also inactive on my laptop for quite some time as well.
Short story, booted for the first time in a month or so and ran updates, a system update was available and tried to download and install but fails each time.. unfortunately I can't provide the error number nor the update as the laptop is not behaving and is presently in a state of suspended animation.
Upon looking up the error number on Google I was greeted by what looked liked German-esque text on all the pages despite having the correct language option chosen. So I thought I'd do a "simple" system restore to a point about a month or so ago..well I started it over 45 minutes ago and my spidey sense tells me something ain't right.
Is it best just to leave it run? or should I do a force shut down and try to pick up the pieces?

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
I'd let it run.
I've seen some System Restores take quite a bit of time.

Bif

Reaction score
Well that was laborious to say the least, but after what seemed like a futile effort and a massive test of what little pacience I still have in these old bones.. all seems to be tickity-boo-ish once again.
And no further updates are available as of now.
Thanks Trouble for the sage advice!
Is this the current build or am I late to the party?

Capture.JPG

Bif

Reaction score
Better late than never ;), nothing offered by WU this morning as far as that "latest" build.
It's always a crapshoot it seems..
Cheers again Trouble for the help!

Ask a Question