Cumulative Update for Windows 10 Version 1511 for x64-based Systems (KB3124262)

Reaction score
This update just dropped. Have not a clue as usual what it does
It will update your version to 10586.71

winver.PNG

Reaction score
My main is still stuck on 10586.36 for some reason. Something came up and I'm gonna have to reinstall anyway. So I doubt I will find out why.

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
Got it.
Thanks for the info.
AND
Insider Preview 14251 as well.

Reaction score
My main is still stuck on 10586.36 for some reason. Something came up and I'm gonna have to reinstall anyway. So I doubt I will find out why.
there is always a log to see what or why you have a problem. and there are several method to FIX what you or MS messed up. you can fix your self or you can DL the MediaCreation Tool and DL the latest and upgrade your self.

Reaction score
This update just dropped. Have not a clue as usual what it does
This is primarily a security update for Windows 10. A description can be found by going to Windows Update -> Advanced Options -> View your update history (and then clicking on the update).
A security issue has been identified in a Microsoft software product that could affect your system. You can help protect your system by installing this update from Microsoft. For a complete listing of the issues that are included in this update, see the associated Microsoft Knowledge Base article. After you install this update, you may have to restart your system.
More Info: https://support.microsoft.com/en-gb/kb/3124262

Reaction score
You can alwasy click the info on that link. but MS just release a new version.
14251. so that might be it....
several places you can get this update.
1.) is directly from MS
2.) several 3d party links. (not official)
not sure if the mediacreationtool will give you what version.

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
INsider preview build 14251 is not intended for general use by normal everyday users.
It's evaluation software only, intended for Windows Insiders.

Reaction score
INsider preview build 14251 is not intended for general use by normal everyday users.
It's evaluation software only, intended for Windows Insiders.
I know but many people want to try it, while not be involved with "Insider Downloads" which have a lot of FAILURES to DL and Install properly. that is why MS offered a method to convert the .ESD version to .wim so that Non Insiders could DL convert and Install, and they also offered the MediaCreationTool to solve some of this FAILURE>
  • Microsoft Update Fix It Tool
  • Windows 10 Fix It Tool
  • Windows 10 Version 1511
  • Windows 10 Update Failed
  • Start Windows 10 Update Now
  • Get Windows 10 Updates Manually
  • View Update History Windows 10
  • Windows 10 Upgrade Stuck on Getting Updates

Reaction score
You can alwasy click the info on that link. but MS just release a new version.
14251. so that might be it....
several places you can get this update.
1.) is directly from MS
2.) several 3d party links. (not official)
not sure if the mediacreationtool will give you what version.
You cannot legally get it unless you are a member of The Insiders Group. Read the Eula. On the Net one can find just about anything to download. I was in The TP for ~6 months, had enough of it.

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
Anyone can join, anytime they like, although.....
I would never advise it. Like I said it's evaluation software intended for testing purposes and no one knows at this point, when it winds down when Redstone is released this summer if it will auto convert to a legitimate license or not.
Start Button -> Settings -> Update & Security -> Advanced options -> Get Insider Preview builds -> Get started button and take your pick between Slow or Fast ring.

Reaction score
Anyone can join, anytime they like, although.....
I would never advise it. Like I said it's evaluation software intended for testing purposes and no one knows at this point, when it winds down when Redstone is released this summer if it will auto convert to a legitimate license or not.
Start Button -> Settings -> Update & Security -> Advanced options -> Get Insider Preview builds -> Get started button and take your pick between Slow or Fast ring.
fast or slow - insider or not, it will convert to Legit. just like all the earlier versions. once your system is "Activated and Registered in the CLOUD" you can delete Windows 10 any version-edition and clean install any version-edition and it will Activate... even if you want to UPGRADE Windows 8.1 Enterprise to FREE it will UPGRADE by Downgrading you to Professional Windows 10. I'm here to help people who have issues with Windows 10 not discuss what version they want or what they should become a member of. Insider or No Insider - Beta Tester & Insider & Not Insider.
have a nice day... :)

Reaction score
10586.63 may not have installed on my machine but 10586.71 did. I was shocked to see it progress.

I still need to do a reinstall though, but it's not at the top of my priority list. I deleted a second OS partition and lost booting. I had to put the second OS back in place. For some reason Windows install media couldn't fix boot files missing from the first partition. I know what I need to do, just need to take the time to do it.

hTconeM9user

Running Latest version Office insider 376
Reaction score
The update for 10586.63 has been replaced with 71
The kb number ending in 63 was replaced with kb3124262 which gave you version 71.
This so I read somewhere was because 10586.63 was giving certain members trouble

Reaction score
10586.63 may not have installed on my machine but 10586.71 did. I was shocked to see it progress.

I still need to do a reinstall though, but it's not at the top of my priority list. I deleted a second OS partition and lost booting. I had to put the second OS back in place. For some reason Windows install media couldn't fix boot files missing from the first partition. I know what I need to do, just need to take the time to do it.
The method to do that is BCDEDIT and Windows 10 can fix, if done properly, and since you removed the MBR
them I can understand why. so move the MBR to Windows 10 instead of your OLD OS, or you can reinstall your Win10 as upgrade and that will fix the MBR.

Reaction score
It wasn't MBR that was missing, it was "\Windows\System32\Winload.exe". Which is present in my Windows 10 install. But that was the blue screen loading error I received.

As far as BCDEdit, it is easier for me to reinstall. I once tried to figure BCDEdit out. And from that frustration on top of being forced out of editing a simple text file called boot.ini for repairs, I said never again. Especially after finding EasyBCD, which for the most part does everything I need. Windows install media boot repair should do the rest, after all that is the name of the process (which is has failed to do on numerous occasions). It has failed on me so many times now, I will not even suggest it as a solution to anyone any more. Just one more incompetence notch on MS's belt. The non-use of BCDEdit if it does in fact work, is however a incompetence notch on mine.

Reaction score
then you can add that with easybcd just select the proper folder for and add, then edit to change the name
and change the default time. which is easier than using the script of bcdedit.

Reaction score
Perhaps I wasn't clear. After removing a partition that rendered my drive unbootable, I did reinstall Windows 10 to the partition (Win7 at the time) I deleted. The only thing I installed was EasyBCD to gain access to my OS on the first partition. Now to clean up the mess at some point I will reinstall Windows 10 to a drive with only one partition to make certain everything is where it needs to be. The reason I am in no hurry is the amount of time it takes fine tuning all the applications to my liking.

Reaction score
This is for anyone that the install didn't work. I installed the update thru normal passage and when it finished and restarted I lost everything. It looked like a new install even on the start menu. All passwords and favorites as well as all settings for Cortana, Edge and Chrome were gone. Mad is putting it lightly. I restarted again same thing so I was ready to put all the information in but none of browsers were operating correctly so I restarted and low and behold everything came back. I did notice something liking to Preparing Windows on login screen each time I rebooted which was odd. On the 3rd install everything came back and is normal again. So if you see Preparing Windows with latest update you may have to restart several times as mine took total of 3.

Ask a Question