2018-01 cumulative update for windows 10 1709 - KB4056892

Reaction score
This update installed OK but continues to give this message and is preventing other updates being installed. I have tried rolling back and then reinstalling with no success.
Any ideas to remove this would be great.
Thk's
upload_2018-3-26_12-13-36.png

Reaction score
The message states it is awaiting a restart .. have you done that?

If you have done a restart, do you see the spinning dots and percentages during shutdown and restart?

Have you shut it completely down?

Last edited:
Reaction score
Hi, Yes, restart and a shut down many times but this message remains. It has been present for 10 days despite the update being installed successfully and confirmed by windows.
I tried uninstalling and then running the update again and still have the same message. It is preventing further updates being installed now.

Reaction score
I remember reading something about one of the updates which behaves the way you describe. If you can look at what is in the update, read the comments about known problems. Maybe that will have an answer.

I am currently on a Preview build so I do not show that update. You could also enter the kb number and search for that and perhaps get the notes about it.

Reaction score
See if the built in helper will do the trick
Settings - Update and Security. Over on the left, select Troubleshoot, and select updates from the list

Reaction score
Somehow your computer does not register that this update has already been installed. Like davehc suggested you can use the troubleshooter to solve this problem or take a look here:
https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/10164/fix-windows-update-errors. (I think that is the same troubleshooter)
This is the Update that raises the build to 16299.192 . What you also can do is this:
Use the catalog https://www.catalog.update.microsoft.com/Home.aspx
and download the most recent update (KB4089848) manually and install that. that should take care of your issue and get your computer up-to-date at the same time.

Ask a Question