DISM errors - unable to fix

Reaction score
I have successfully upgraded my Lenovo X230i laptop to Windows 10 Professional from Windows 7 Professional. On running sfc /scannow from an elevated command prompt, the following message displayed:

Windows Resource Protection found corrupt files but was unable to fix some of them.

I then proceeded to run: Dism /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth. The following message displayed:

Error: 8x800f001f
The source files could not be found.
Use the source option to specifiy the location of the files that are required to restore the feature.
http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=243077

I then ran: DISM /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth /source:WIM:C:\Sources\Install.wim:1 /LimitAccess. I ran this command after downloading and mounting the Windows 10 ISO. The following message displayed:

Error: 0x800f081f
The source files could not be found.
Use the source option to specifiy the location of the files that are required to restore the feature.

I am really stuck now and don't know what to do to repair my files. I am not that technical and would be grateful of some help to resolve my issue. Thank you.

Ask a Question